FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are looking to kit-up with a compact and accurate way of checking the fasteners on your SCAR, or any other weapon, the Borka Torque Driver deserves a serious look.

I've recommended the Borka Field Kit (MG5) for the SCAR platform in the past, as a cost effective alternative to the Seekonk offering, and recently acquired the complete (MG9) kit for both the range and bench use.

In a nutshell, I'm impressed with it. The kit includes both a micro-ratchet, as well as the torque driver, a speed lock bit holder, as well as extensions and a multitude of Torx, phillips, square, hex, and slotted drive tips (29, in all).

To check the accuracy of the little driver, I checked the fasteners on my Warne rings on the Remington 700 AAC-SD and the articulated handle flexed at the joint right in line with where I set the fasteners with the Craftsman unit - 24 in/lbs.

For $135.00 for the MG9 kit, I can say it's money well spent.

I'll be using it in lieu of the mighty (and big) Craftsman wrench from now on because it's compact and accurate.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys.

Orange
Tool Tool accessory Socket wrench Machine Knockout punch

Tool Impact driver Tool accessory Drill accessories Metalworking hand tool
Office equipment Paper

Electronic instrument

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesnt FN have a tool specifically set/designed for the SCAR for this purpose? I thought I heard of one, or saw it in a video somewhere....This is a good find though
Seekonk manufactures the wrench. It's preset at 62in/lbs. and it's a good tool, albeit pricey at just under $100, for only offering one torque setting.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I purchased the Borka kit based on Sgt's and other folks recommendation, awesome piece of kit that is compact enough that I can carry it in a range bag or pack.

You get a lot for a $135, compared to a $100, 62lb torque wrench. I use it for gun stuff and other things around the house when I don't feel like dragging out the big tool box.

The Borka is the right tool for many jobs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
They are ok for occasional use. Sometimes difficult to know what you exact torque setting is due to lack of marking on adjustment scale. 5 in/lb graduations is all that's on scale. in between settings is hit or miss.

They work if you understand it's limitations. (not that there is a lot of difference when talking couple in/lbs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.