FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered 1 more PS90 mag today - that will make a total of 5 - what I wanted.

I had planned to get 1 more later this year, but with this latest attempt by the democrats to do another assault weapons ban (a bill was introduced this week), I figured I'd better not wait. Even if it doesn't pass, it could make prices go up a bit. Right before the ban in the 1990s, hi caps dried up quick (distributors were hoarding them all)

They claimed they wouldn't mess with this again for a while, but it seems that they are....

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are 50 round mags I am buying.

Yea, I have 1 of the magazine parts pieces for the stock mag. I swopped the piece before I even shot it for the first time :)

This 5th mag will make 5 50-round mags for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So whats the general consensus on the cheapest place online to get 50 round mags??

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think CMMG is the best place to get them, personally.

Someone on another site mentioned some HK supplier that had them for acouple of dollars cheaper. But, U had to order by phone, and I have dealt with CMMG many times.

Also, I ordered it Saturday, and I will have it today (they shipped it out on Monday). They e-mail U the tracking info, and I can see that it is on the truck for delivery today.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just bought another one from CMMG (That makes 3) That new assault weapons ban bill that was tucked into the Asteroid Defense bill has me a little concerned, especially when the Brady Bunch seem to have the upper hand now in Congress.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered another again. After seeing that broken mag in the other thread - although, I haven't been slamming the mags since my 1st range trip.

This will put me at 6 now...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Being here in MD we can't even buy the 30 rounders - but i picked up a 30 rounder this weekend at an out of town gun show for $60 - expensive but i have no other choice

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
itstock said:
I finally bought my 2nd one. At $54 a piece for a 50 rounder, these things are just too damn expensive!
Yes, they are damn expensive. I used some of my gun cash (from selling my Glock 34) to buy the rest of the mags I wanted and a lotta extra rounds - and that Browning Buckmark I bought this past Sat. I'm tapped out now.. Too bad. I wanted a HK P2000. That's probably 2 years away now... :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
35 Posts
The magazines are the key to any assault weapon and to have several in reserve is a good idea. I curently have ten 50 rounders in the safe and plan on buying atleast ten more before summer of 2007.

The mags are expensive yes indeed, CMMG has the best deal going right now as i have seen dealers in the home town selling these items in the 65-70.00 range plus state tax, ooouch !! I just bust my ass because just before the PS90 was released i could have bought a hole case of these buggers for under 35.00 ea. gett'em while you can and save a couple for rainy days. :wink:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I still have 3 to test at the range for their 1st time use. Then, I am going to use someone else's idea... I am only going to use one at the range - the same one all the time - until something happens to it. I will keep the others in reserve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts