FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Cow!

I've used "Hoover" style vacs all my life. The one I have now is about 15 years old and just ain't getting the job done anymore. I think I got my monies worth out of it.

I popped down to the Sears Hardware store this morning to pick up a 5/16's drill bit and saw the Dyson vacs on display. I've heard/read good things about them so I bought one.

This thing is awesome as far as vacs go. Just a quick trip across the living room and the hopper 1/4 full. This is new carpet, so most of the stuff is carpet fibers. But damn, my other vac didn't suck these fibers up first.

No filter to replace but still has a Hepa filter that lasts the life of the vac.

Okay... this is just day one but this seems to be a great vacuum cleaner.

Anyone else using Dyson?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I thought this was a gun forum :evil:

Have you been hanging out with Ship and watching HG TV lately? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, they are nice. The only complaints I've heard are because they have no bag, the dust can get back into the air when you empty it. Actually, my mom's cousin just got one and she complained about it because it was an upright vacuum. She's used to the pull ones with the hose.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought this was a gun forum
Oh... I forgot, it has a 50 cal Gatlin' mounted on the top.
:?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I've always wanted 1 of those - but no way my wife will go for that much on a vaccum.

Actually - we've been buying cheap vacuums for years - We finally spent about $150 for one (a Boss by Eureka), after we did some research. That was as much as she would go for.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I looked at that one but I didn't see that it was worth another hundred dollars. I bought the DC07 "all floors".

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
TA, Did it come with a free maids apron? Or is the wife unit purchasing the new riding lawn mower? :-D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thtop theasing thilly.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hey be nice guys, my wife has one, got it a year ago and your right ours still pulls carpet fibers from our carpet. ours is the animal model its pretty cool, yes i have used it before guys, only thing i don't like is it doesn't have a retractable cord.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
My mom would love one of these, with the yellow lab and cat shedding all the time. Maybe I'll have to get her one of those for moher's day or something.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Remember to get her the high capacity battery and the single point sling attachment!

Zhur

1 - 20 of 25 Posts