·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Fixed pic for you :smile:

Reactions: DrewDown

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
nothing about that picture looks "pretty much brand new." What does the bore of the barrel look like? How about the factory brake?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Great job on the pics, they uploaded just fine. The SCAR looks nice and clean, barely fired....curious what some of the more experienced guys might say about why your firing pin was bent? Not sure if using non factory mags would cause that? Really, I have no idea what would cause that? So, I will learn with you in this thread. Thanks for posting and your SCAR16 FDE looks really nice! Welcome to the forum bud.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great job on the pics, they uploaded just fine. The SCAR looks nice and clean, barely fired....curious what some of the more experienced guys might say about why your firing pin was bent? Not sure if using non factory mags would cause that? Really, I have no idea what would cause that? So, I will learn with you in this thread. Thanks for posting and your SCAR17 FDE looks really nice! Welcome to the forum bud.
Thanks I appreciate it. The good news is the shop owner said he would reimburse me for the cost of a new firing pin.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
we have a great gentleman on this forum - STRYKER ENTERPRISES or sgtstrykerusmc43 on the board if you want to PM him. He carries all the factory parts you need and I bet he might be able to give you and idea of how or why this might have happened. He will see this thread at some point tonight. Hang tight Drew and sounds like your LGS is a good group.

Thanks I appreciate it. The good news is the shop owner said he would reimburse me for the cost of a new firing pin.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again BigBuckeyGuy. I'm still really happy with the purchase. Wish I had bought one sooner so I could have the paperwork filed already for an SBR!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Overall the gun looks pretty much brand new but that pin is bent big time. Would that be a result of using improper mags?
Wow I've never seen a pin like that. I don't even see how it could line up with the firing pin hole on the bolt. If I had to guess I would say the previous owner did something stupid. I guess you could straighten it out....But guaranteed the one time you need it most is the time is going to break. I would buy 2 firing pins. Place the second one in the buttstock. Oh yeah....congratulations on the purchase.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I think your right...the only way this firing pin could have gotten bent that bad is if it was outside the weapon for it to happen.

Wow I've never seen a pin like that. I don't even see how it could line up with the firing pin hole on the bolt. If I had to guess I would say the previous owner did something stupid. I guess you could straighten it out....But guaranteed the one time you need it most is the time is going to break. I would buy 2 firing pins. Place the second one in the buttstock. Oh yeah....congratulations on the purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I cant think of any way that FP would have bent like that unless it was bent outside the weapon. That does not seem possible any other way. On a better note...one nice looking SCAR!!!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
At least it's a cheap and easy fix. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 16.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts