FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Sig SB-15 brace showed up today, and I got it squared away on my 556 Swat pistol. I have to say, I was skeptical when these were released. But it does make an awkward to wield gun into a handy one. I got the 556 back before the braces were released, so I had to add a buffer tube. I also had to remove that plug that ships in the gun. That would be really easy...with the correct tool. But whatever that tool is, I didn't have it. So I got creative with an adjustable wrench and a couple hex bits. The tube is from KAK. I also ordered the QD end plate, but didn't care for the sling set up with that. I put the Sig end plate back on and found a HK hook sling I didn't know existed until today on it. I found it while digging through a "mystery box" in the closet.

So here it is, my big-ass pistol (with a more reasonably sized relative):

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Very nice sir! Better not leave that on the floor too long or one of your cats is gonna pee on it!:-D

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice sir! Better not leave that on the floor too long or one of your cats is gonna pee on it!:-D
Hairballs are the real danger. It's safely tucked away now.

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looks awesome Akitainu. I've been looking into a Sig 516 pistol with that brace. Sig's pro shop isn't to far from me! So I'm going next weekend to see what they have.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nothing wrong with....(& everything right with) SIG products and their accessories.​★★★★★

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't understand people that do that. Why spend the money on that so called pistol brace when you could of spent a little more and gotten a SBR tax stamp from the Feds. Then you dont have to shoot a rifle like a pistol.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If I didn't like you so much I would give you a ribbing about the brace, but I hope it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I didn't like you so much I would give you a ribbing about the brace, but I hope it works out for you.
I can take a little ribbing. But seriously, it really is handy. I was making some pretty snide remarks about these when they came out. I was wrong (as I so often am). So until I can get my health squared away and jump on the NFA bandwagon, this will fit the bill. I don't want to croak during the approval process and leave my wife with a bunch of stuff she neither wants nor will be easy for here to sell.

Reactions: hillbillyjim
1 - 20 of 39 Posts