FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my LGS finally got a FDE in stock and held it for me to take a look. I went there but really didn't like what I saw.

The upper is not a tan, brown, green-ish color, but brassy. I didn't take it, and i hope this isn't the current new batch color for a few months.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wish we could see a pic. I really love the OD green upper. Glad I didn't buy the first one I saw at LgS. Awesome guns either way, but I like OD in general. Especially for the scar. Never seen brass.

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
So my LGS finally got a FDE in stock and held it for me to take a look. I went there but really didn't like what I saw.

The upper is not a tan, brown, green-ish color, but brassy. I didn't take it, and i hope this isn't the current new batch color for a few months.
:p......:-x

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you lived in the hood you would have had instant street cred! LOL. Yah brassy looks to much like gold plating to me. The wifes 16 looks FDE and my 17 looks OD. I would not have gotten the brassy either.

Reactions: Wy4tt

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I don't like that color. I've seen some awesome FDE's, but that's not one lol. I have the black one. My second will be FDE, but I gotta tell ya, my black 17 has grown on me...immensely. God I love my scar !

·
Registered
367 Posts
I should have a new SCAR 17 soon, thanks to a vendor on this fine forum. No idea if it's a brass/copper flavored variant of FDE or not. Either way, I'm sure it will be a fine addition to my collection. Here is another pic I found with different shade of FDE.

7636577130_b2f4ea3a00_b.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts