FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...great forum here. Just received my new 5.7 this week, going to range. Have pre purchased a lot of ss197SR ammo, which hopefully I will be going through this weekend at the range.

Is there a recommended break in technique on this platform?

Plan to do trijicon inserts and +/- new grips.

Looking forward to the range...

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
470 Posts
As far as I know, nothing special, just clean it and lube it, don't shoot it with the storage oil, put 200-500 rounds through it, not all at once, let cool between each mag for example, umm... :) bear with it if it jams before it's broken in IE fail to load or eject. I have the night sights on mine and love them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA...Love it guys. Thanks

So glad I decided on this platform. Many naysayers out there. Did research, threw in some common sense, and went on the waiting list. BAM, it's in the house now. Only question is now if I should add a PS90s to the collection....was thinking heavily of the SCAR 16s.

John

·
Registered
3,284 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
HA...Love it guys. Thanks

So glad I decided on this platform. Many naysayers out there. Did research, threw in some common sense, and went on the waiting list. BAM, it's in the house now. Only question is now if I should add a PS90s to the collection....was thinking heavily of the SCAR 16s.

John
The only error in your logic is is you need more than 2 of each to keep them happy while they sit in your gun safe waiting to come out and play. :mrgreen:

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
368 Posts
FsN has a break in? Hmm, just clean and shoot. Both my USG and MKII have been 100% since I have had them. Most reliable pistols I have ever shot. Oh yea, be careful getting a PS90 and putting it in a dark safe with your FsN, somehow another FsN showed up in mine and I just don't understand how 2 blackticool guns created an FDE… might be that Henry (the FDX-45T FDE) got involved somehow :D

PS: Please tell me about night sights available for FsN MKIIs?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hey all...great forum here. Just received my new 5.7 this week, going to range. Have pre purchased a lot of ss197SR ammo, which hopefully I will be going through this weekend at the range.

Is there a recommended break in technique on this platform?

Plan to do trijicon inserts and +/- new grips.

Looking forward to the range...

Thanks!

John
Here's how I break in all my firearms. I take it out of the box and shoot it. I don't even take the cosmoline oils off. If it works flawlessly it goes in my I can trust this gun with my life pile. If it has one failure it goes in the I wouldn't trust my life with this gun. If a gun is made properly there should be no "BREAK IN"..All my HK's, All my Sigs except my P232, and FNH firearms fired flawlessly. I won't list the guns that failed out of the box, but I can tell you my FiveSeveN USG fired flawlessly out of the box...And that gun had ton of cosmoline oil on it, some even dried to like a Elmer's glue in places. Worked flawlessly. I probably put 350-500 rounds through it that day......The cosmoline oil was making it smoke.

Reactions: brainpa
1 - 16 of 16 Posts