FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obama: New sanctions on Russia over Ukraine - CNN.com

BREAKING: Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kalashnikov (Saiga) Firearms | The Truth About Guns

Looks like the boss has just now thrown down the importation banhammer on all rifles made by the Kalashnikov Concern, makers of Izshmash and Saiga manufactured rifles. I was seriously hoping this wasn't coming down the pipe when the Russian sanctions were first being thrown down but it looks like the "let no tragedy go to waste" strategy was too appealing to pass up.

Remember when the ATF banned the import of 7n6 a few months ago thanks to a technicality? Prices shot up. I wonder if the same thing going to hit current Saiga stock here in the US.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^Well for one thing, their president would probably worry more about banning Central American illegals from sneaking into this country than banning sporting rifles.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Obama: New sanctions on Russia over Ukraine - CNN.com

BREAKING: Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kalashnikov (Saiga) Firearms | The Truth About Guns

Looks like the boss has just now thrown down the importation banhammer on all rifles made by the Kalashnikov Concern, makers of Izshmash and Saiga manufactured rifles. I was seriously hoping this wasn't coming down the pipe when the Russian sanctions were first being thrown down but it looks like the "let no tragedy go to waste" strategy was too appealing to pass up.

Remember when the ATF banned the import of 7n6 a few months ago thanks to a technicality? Prices shot up. I wonder if the same thing going to hit current Saiga stock here in the US.
Seems like the perfect opportunity to employ the - let no president overstep his boundary -. The bastard!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Better get your Russian stuff while you can. The Rush on anything VEPR or Ishmash has already started. From what i understand the Molot factory is now part of Izhmash Concern. So they will be drying up too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I really want a VEPR, but it looks like they are being bought up left and right. Looks like my next AK pattern rifle will be a Bulgarian or Polish gun.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Damn, missed out on all the good deal for vepr 12s. The good news is a quick look on a local gun sales site shows that there are several saiga/arsenal rifles selling around 700; it doesn't look like the general gun public is aware of the ban yet. Trying to snatch up as many russian aks as I can now.

Reactions: LESTER and Donnie

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Damn, missed out on all the good deal for vepr 12s. The good news is a quick look on a local gun sales site shows that there are several saiga/arsenal rifles selling around 700; it doesn't look like the general gun public is aware of the ban yet. Trying to snatch up as many russian aks as I can now.
Go get em tiger! I have been thinking about how badly it would piss off the wife for this...Hmmmm...... Then again, they are not banning wifes, so in theory i could always find another one of those.

If you're interested Classic still has some partially converted Saiga 7.62x39. They probably will not last much longer though. I also noticed they jacked the price up 80 bucks or so.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/russian-saiga-ak-variantt6stock762x39

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get em while you can now, these will be harder to find than unicorn tears soon. Well, it won't be that bad; but if you've been interested in a Saiga or VEPR 12, i'd act quick.

Here's my unconverted Saiga 12. Probably going to be holding on to this one for a while.

IMG_20140607_133326_717.jpg

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I wanted a Saiga 12 for a while. Probably won't ever get one now (unless some kind soul, preferably in PA, want to sell me theirs at a fair price?)

I can't wait for an American manufacturer to start making these, no more 922(r) BS. Anyone want to go into business with me? :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wanted a Saiga 12 for a while. Probably won't ever get one now (unless some kind soul, preferably in PA, want to sell me theirs at a fair price?)

I can't wait for an American manufacturer to start making these, no more 922(r) BS. Anyone want to go into business with me? :D
I can definitely see this happening. US AK makers are getting pretty damned good!

Reactions: Ironminer
1 - 20 of 141 Posts