FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had trouble field stripping my PS90 for cleaning after my range session Saturday. The Moving Parts group did not want to slide out (I had cycled the cocking handle as required). After some light shaking and tapping I was able to field strip the weapon and found a steel round headed pin rattling around in the Hammer Group box.

One side of the round head is pretty chewed up so perhaps the Moving Parts group was striking it. The pin is .577 inches long in total (top of round head to end of pin). The pin shaft is .471 inches long. The diameter of the pin shaft is .154". The diameter of the button head is .265

I can't see any place where this pin goes. It does not appear to have been sheared in half. I checked Brownells and Online but there aren't any PS90 schematics I could find to identify the part.

Has anyone any experience with FN's warranty service? There is no mention of warranty details in either the manual or their website. The manual has a phone number which I'll call Monday.

FYI, I have exactly 1,000 rounds through the weapon.

Thanks![/img]

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
That's weird. I wonder where that came from too.

I've heard that their warranty dept is pretty good - there was some problems w/ the first FS2000's, and supposedly everyone that dealt with them was satisfied w/ the service. So, I'm sure they'll help U out.

I too am curious about the warranty - is it 1 year or lifetime? If U find out, please let us know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FN Service Feedback

gspam1 said:

I had trouble field stripping my PS90 for cleaning after my range session Saturday. The Moving Parts group did not want to slide out (I had cycled the cocking handle as required). After some light shaking and tapping I was able to field strip the weapon and found a steel round headed pin rattling around in the Hammer Group box.

One side of the round head is pretty chewed up so perhaps the Moving Parts group was striking it. The pin is .577 inches long in total (top of round head to end of pin). The pin shaft is .471 inches long. The diameter of the pin shaft is .154". The diameter of the button head is .265

I can't see any place where this pin goes. It does not appear to have been sheared in half. I checked Brownells and Online but there aren't any PS90 schematics I could find to identify the part.

Has anyone any experience with FN's warranty service? There is no mention of warranty details in either the manual or their website. The manual has a phone number which I'll call Monday.

FYI, I have exactly 1,000 rounds through the weapon.

Thanks![/img]

Bob Ailes of FNUSA was very friendly, he issued a call tag and UPS picked up my PS90 on the 31st of January. I received the rifle back on March 1st. I'm in AZ, and the Browning Repair Facility is in MO. I removed all my accessory rails and Eotech obviously, before sending it in.

I'm very happy with the turn around time. :D The service tag that came back with the rifle just said "minor repairs" so I still don't know where that pin/rivet fell out from. The PS90 appears to function fine, hopefully I'll be able to go shooting in the next week or so.

Shipwreck, I believe it is a lifetime warranty. They won't sell you parts, but they will fix it for free.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
That is a sweet deal then. I am happy to hear that they picked up the shipping costs. Yours is the first report I had heard about their warranty service. So, I wasn't sure what to expect. Sounds like they fixed ya up really well.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I think that part came off the end of the plastic tab at the very rear of the bolt group. (The part that keeps the butt plate from sliding out when the weapon is fully assembled)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts