FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
That looked fun! Looks like you did pretty well to me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Looked like a good time, especially the shotgun round. Thanks for the video, it breaks up the monotony of where do I find a fde scar and what do I do with my charging handle posts.
Yeah, the shotgun round went the best for me. I just need to keep practicing my reloads. This one guy had a similar shotgun and he did it 10 seconds faster just because of his reloading. He almost beat the guys with Saigas and drum mags. They only beat him by about 2 seconds.

That looked fun! Looks like you did pretty well to me.
Thanks. It was one of my better rounds. Probably only middle of the pack though because I had 2 or 3 misses and that's like 15 seconds of penalties right there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solid video! I'm seriously oogling a FNX-45 at my local shop for 3 gun this summer.
Thanks. I actually placed near the bottom for the pistol stage lol. My rifle and shotgun scores were solid though.

I was fine with the steel, but I hit the black part of the cardboard targets a few times which absolutely destroyed my pistol score. I think I may have screwed up my zero on the red dot sight. I plan to get to the bottom of it this weekend so I'll do better next month at the 3gun. There's actually another 3gun right down the street from my house that I might start doing. Two matches per month would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How do you like the Docter sight?

I went with an RMR 01. So far I'm getting used to that one also....

-and good shooting!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it. I don't think it helped me any though. I did better with my regular sights. Hopefully once I get used to it it'll be better.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice shooting! Looks like a great time. I would like to try a 3 gun match but I'm not sure if there are any close to me. I will have to look into it. Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I bet that sticky mag was annoying.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Very nice run and a beautiful set of weapons with a rocking set up. That can really seems to make it fairly quiet on the Scar. How do you like the ACOG/RMR set up? I'm considering something similar, though i'd may do a higher powered scope.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks.

I think the mags will drop free once I've broken it in more.

The ACOG and Docter is awesome. Super fast up close and it's hard to miss with the ACOG when you're < 300 yards. When I bought it 5 years ago, I don't think RMRs existed yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts