FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting a copy of an email I just received from Brownells....it is significant for me because I have 6 orders for 10 SCAR 17 mags @$37 in the pipeline and it is confirmed that they WILL honor the price at time of order...still doesn't say when but, unlike a bunch of their competitors they are VERY clear about back order policy.

Dear Brownells Customer,
We have experienced a truly unprecedented volume of orders recently. Because your trust is most important to us, we want to assure you we are doing our very best to achieve our goal of same/next day shipping on your orders.

However, as a result of industry-wide shortage of certain products, many customers like you have ordered out of stock items and have been placed on backorder status. We are in daily contact with our key suppliers to get as much inventory as they are able to send so we can fill backorders as quickly as possible.

It is our promise to fill all backorders as quickly as possible. We will not cancel your backorder unless you specifically request us to do so. Orders will be filled and shipped based on the date they were received. We will ship backordered items as soon as inventory arrives in our warehouse. You may receive multiple shipments, but remember you only pay shipping once with Brownells.

In addition, we are developing an order update system to keep you informed on the status and anticipated delivery date of your order.

You are our #1 Priority, so please know we are doing everything possible to get your order to you as quickly as we can.
Best – Frank & Pete Brownell

·
Banned
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too bad your heroes at MLI are not a classy outfit like Brownells!!
I don't think heros is an appropriate description, however, I am confident that they will come through. However, that is no reason that it wasn't a smart thing to do, to place the back orders for the FN mags, and when they show up, its an investment that will almost certainly be worth more than what I invested in them, and I can use them to trade some of them to someone that really needs mags for something I want. My way of looking at it...is that if I have the funds to buy something and put it away, it only makes sense to do. I would be willing to bet that at least half of the people in this forum have bought something at one time...either out of careful planning and preparation for a situation like we are currently facing, or just thought that something made sense, that it could be used to sell for cash, or trade for something else that they want.....my guess would be, that if we get a high capacity mag ban...that either I am going to have a lifetime supply of mags that I can't sell or trade, which isn't such a bad thing, or they could be worth a multiple of what I paid for them.....it's called capitalism and that's how people make money in a free market.

·
Banned
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well...Brownell's has always been a class act...I remember my dad ordering from them 40+ years ago....originally it was just parts and gunsmithing tools....but, they have always been reliable...if I can get something from them...why use anyone else. Particularly with an FFL....the pricing is good...and their service has always been great.

·
Premium Member
9,834 Posts
Well...Brownell's has always been a class act...I remember my dad ordering from them 40+ years ago....originally it was just parts and gunsmithing tools....but, they have always been reliable...if I can get something from them...why use anyone else. Particularly with an FFL....the pricing is good...and their service has always been great.
Agree completely about Brownells. They are top notch and on the few occasions I've had to contact their CS, I came away happy. That FFL discount has paid for the cost of the C&R many times over.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Brownells has always been a good source for me as well.

MidwayUSA and a few others should take a lesson from how Brownells handles backorders.

·
Banned
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And who lied and fed us BS, like MLI has, repeatedly.
Pssst.....the subject of this thread is Brownells...NOT MLI....the mods have already closed several of the MLI threads...hint ::0::::0::::0::::0::::0::

You seem to have some kind of a fixation of both MLI and their being my heros.....either get over it...or get a prescription for lithium. I would bet that everyone is tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Agree completely about Brownells. They are top notch and on the few occasions I've had to contact their CS, I came away happy. That FFL discount has paid for the cost of the C&R many times over.
I have a C&R FFL but only have an account set up with Midway. Mind disclosing the avg Brownell's discount with it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
And who lied and fed us BS, like MLI has, repeatedly.
Man you have a little trouble letting go don't you? Deep breath. If you don't like them don't order from them. We get it. Every thread doesn't have to become you bashing MLI does it? Why is it so personal to you? Did they taunt you about your mom? ;)

·
Premium Member
9,834 Posts
I have a C&R FFL but only have an account set up with Midway. Mind disclosing the avg Brownell's discount with it? Thanks!
Initially I thought it was 5%. But my last order was for 2 ten packs of Brownell's AR mags...regular price 129.99, I paid 114.50 per 10.

That order's savings alone paid for the C&R fee.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am hoping to just get the five I ordered
I don't need yo buy up a 100 or so, that's kinda why we are all desperate for them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am hoping to just get the five I ordered
I don't need yo buy up a 100 or so, that's kinda why we are all desperate for them.
I agree...if i had 100 coming in..
.im not saying i wouldnt sell some on gunbroker but I'd also help some people out that may only have just the one that came with the gun...but everyones different..oh well....maybe I'll get my 6 from brownells

1 - 20 of 31 Posts