FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Browning Hi Power is a favorite design of mine. Even though I'm an avid 1911 fanboy, Hi Powers make more sense to me in a lot of applications. Personal preference, I suppose. Where the 1911 has absolutely succeeded and the Hi Power has absolutely failed is in evolution. The 1911 has grown to meet the changing tastes and times of the firearms market. No more GI sights, we rock Trijicons or Novaks by default now. 1911s noww have extended beavertails, match triggers, grip and front slide serrations, light rails and the whole nine yards for those critical seven yards. The Hi Power lacks all of the above. Thats precisely why FN/Browning needs to update the platform.
Thats right.
I want a TACTICAL HP. I want an officer's hammer in a full size gun. I want a light rail and aggressive grip serrations. No firing pin safety anymore. Most of this, I'll be having doent to my HP at a great expense but, to me, it is completely worth it.

What are your thoughts on what should be in the Browning Hi Power Mk.IV?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
A bottle opener? :D

Welcome to the forum. :)

I don't have a HP yet. But it is on my list, so I read about them from time to time. It would be a good safe buddy for my Colt 1911 and Star B.

As for updating it? Judging from the ones I have fondled... I like it the way it is. :D

·
Banned
4 Posts
You mean something like this? It's not finished yet, but it's getting close.

Yes, I do wish FN would bring the HP into the 21st Century. From what I hear, so do a lot of people.

Best luck on your conversion!

Hoot

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wish they'd shorten the reset length on the trigger. That's my only real issue with the HP platform.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Thanks ShipWreck, it's a work in progress. Almost done though. Only need to drill the frame and tap the holes.

Then, on to the carry gun project.

Hoot

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi-Power

Looks great Hoot, I've always admired the FN Hi-Power. An old friend of mine has one it it shoots pretty darn good. Good luck with the mod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depends on what you use the gun for.. for street CCW, (which is what I use my BHPs for) I like the MK 3 just fine, except for the mag disconnect and the superfluous firing pin safety. And I add a CT laser Grip and tritium nite sights. About the only other change I would like to see from the factory is buttering of the muzzle end of the slide, it's pretty sharp

For me a better open carry tactical pistol or home defense handgun is a Glock 22, 21, HK, etc.. and these have rails already, and you have more caliber choices

You really want to talk an update for the BHP that I would have to buy? Make them in 10MM and .45 ACP. I already have a MK 3, .40 caliber and I love it

·
Banned
4 Posts
Thanks usmcss77, I've been toying with the idea for a long time, and finally got off my butt. I've been shooting a HP of one sort or another for 40+ years, and it is definitely my pistol of choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts