FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here, came from AR15.com. My First auto was the Browning Pro-9. It is till my favorite pistol. My question is....did I make a mistake in buying this? I know Browning imported them and no longer do. Kind of hate to have a gun that has been discontinued...Still If I like it?

I think the parts are interchangeable with the FNP-9. I am thinking about buying another FN (45). I thnk these are very nice guns, but they don't seem to get much love int he general community.

Anyway, just rambling. Someone had said there were only 2k of the Brownings made. Its that true?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
The Browning Pro 9 and Pro 40 are exactly the same as the FNP 9 and 40 respectively (USG versions if the pro series has safety/decocker lever), except for the name and symbol on the gun.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes - FNH discontinued selling Hi Powers here in the US under the FN name. U can only get the Browning versions now.

And, for whatever reasons, they did the same with the Pro / FNP series - but the opposite... (No more Browning ones, just FNPs).

They still have all the same parts onhand. Don't worry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome pwbacker :)

One correction on your post. Browning didn't import the PRO9. They were made here in the USA. :?

I wanted a PRO9 but found a FNP9 for a lot less . The PRO9 was nearly impossible to find. Late'06

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yep, the Brownings have been defunct for a few years now. Hang on to it, sound like they only made a few thousand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts