FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I initially bought a green laser on Ebay for my PS90, prior to getting the gun itself. The green laser was so, so bright. TOO bright! It actually lit up a dark room completely (like a flashlight), and U could also actually see the beam itself in the dark. At household distances, it hurt your eye just to look at the green dot on the wall. Outdoors in the daylight, it was visible past 100 yards, and over 800 yards at night (probably further, but I had nothing further away to shine it on by my home).

I did a lot of research, and found that I didn't think that green laser was safe for my eyes for what I wanted it for (indoor use). So, I sold it to someone for about the price I paid for it.

I then picked up a BSA red laser for my PS90 - It does what I wanted it to do - I have it set at 7 yards for internal home defense distances - and its visible even in the daytime at that distance.

It has a master on/off switch, or a pressure switch. I decided to use the pressure switch, which I have velcroed to the front of my PS90.

The BSA laser only cost me $29.99 at Gander Mountain, and it can be had for that price or less at many other places. I'm not sure how it would hold up on a high recoil weapon, but for the low recoiling PS90, it holds its zero well. I haven't had any problems with it. Its also fully adjustable for windage and elevation.

I May have kept the green laser and zeroed it in for 100 yard use at the outdoor range if I had more room on my PS90. It would have been a fun outdoor toy. But with the Eotech, flashlight and red laser I already have mounted, there really wasn't anymore room for the green laser.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with the BSA laser, especially for the price. And, I did take the little BSA logos off each side of the laser, to make it look better :wink:

I'd easily recommend this laser for the money. Sure, there are nice red lasers out there for much more. But, I think this one is worth considering if U are broke after buying your PS90 and all the other stuff that goes along with it :p

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got one of these at Dick's Sporting goods last week and have since taken it off. It worked fine, unless you actually want to mount it on a PS90.

The remote switch is useless as it doesn't connect to the laser securely enough to keep a good contact. The front of the laser is supposed to have a piece that can be removed to make it a little more stealthy, but when I tried I found out that it had been glued to the housing and I ended up tearing the front off the tube. The on/off switch on the laser is positioned so that it turns itself on whenever I place it in a rifle case, not good when you open the case later to find that the batteries in it are dead.

I would take it back for a refund but it is now in several pieces as I tried to mod it to work better. It will instead be relegated to my parts/junk bin and probably serve a second life as a cat toy.

Cheap at about $25, but junk IMHO.

I added another zero to the price I was willing to spend and just got the sig-sauer combo tac-light and laser. MUCH better....

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what part you were talking about to remove. The switch works perfectly for me. Never had a problem. I did buy mine about 2 years ago now. There may be a new variation.

The stock pic I posted is slightly different in the front than the one I actually have.

Also, as long as the pressure switch remains plugged in, the on/off switch is deactivated. So, it does not turn on/off in the case.

Eventually, I wanna get a low profile one like that LaserAIm. However, on all the laser pressure switches I have seen, the switch is huge. I like this one because the pressure switch pad is very small.

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
I have this laser on both of my PS90s. They seem to hold up well and hold zero. So far I havn't had any problems with them. They are wicked easy to adjust also. Can't beat the price. I give it 2 thumbs up. 8)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine may have just been a friday build but I was kind of disappointed. Granted, I think it was meant for bb-guns and airsoft instead of real firearms but it appears nearly identical to the one reviewed so I assume it's the same.

The front has a clear plastic part surrounding the hole where the laser beam is emitted, which lights up red when on. The manual said it could be removed but when I did so the whole front of the housing popped off. I could glue it back on but just found it annoying.

BUT for $25 you could do a lot worse.

Here's the Sig Sauer I ended up mounting. Granted, it cost over $200...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts