FN Herstal Firearms banner

Build your own FNP military.

8K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  Tbone 
#1 ·
There is a short/new thread over on ARFCOM. People are trying to gather as much info./recources they can on making your own "military."

They have found machinists to do the slide work.

They have found a bbl company willing to make a threaded barrel. Still working on other sources though.

Still waiting for an answer from Trijicon.

Sorry FNH, but take it as a compliment. :D

You guys should contribute/chime in/watch. It may get intersting.

Here's the link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=53&t=63923&page=1

#3 ·
McLovin said:
There is a short/new thread over on ARFCOM. People are trying to gather as much info./recources they can on making your own "military."

They have found machinists to do the slide work.

They have found a bbl company willing to make a threaded barrel. Still working on other sources though.

Still waiting for an answer from Trijicon.

Sorry FNH, but take it as a compliment. :D

You guys should contribute/chime in/watch. It may get intersting.

Here's the link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=53&t=63923&page=1
To contribute to the thread I would have to be a member. I can't stand that place so my contributions are none.

However I am agreeable to discussing it here.
This place of all places would be the best approach to a venture like this.

I for one could care less for the optic. It already has a rail for a redot sight, AKA a laser.
Streamlight has a handy lil package with light and laser.
The barrel and a source for sights I would be interested in.

#4 ·
Hey everyone. I'm running the thread over at AR15. I understand if you don't want to join the site just to work with us, and I'm more than willing to work across both forums to get this done.

Here's a little info on the barrels we're looking at.

The barrels will be button rifled , US manufactured 416 SS , heat
treated to 42RC , dropin not gunsmith fit type barrels , chamber &
feed ramp hand polished. The price for barrel and threading is $220 for 50 and $192 after that. There is no min order at that time. We would
need 6-8 months to complete the 50 barrel order.

So basically, we need 50 paid orders to even get the ball rolling. If you're interested, or want more information, feel free to post here. I'll follow both threads and update them accordingly.

Cheers,
Wicked

#8 ·
Alrighty then, I'll start adding $$ to the safe cup.

Put me down for a barrel.

The sights will prolly be a lil hard to come by. I imagine it will end up being looking into a machinist type of thing. AKA expensive.

The biggest obstacle is finding 50 guys that want a threaded barrel.

I put a heads up on the falfiles about it.

Thanx fer your efforts into looking into this.
:?

Now I have to start researching cans.

#10 ·
I for one can't wait to see how you all do with this it sounds facinating. Heck even if I never put a can on it it would seem to me that a longer barrel would get you a bit more velocity and perhaps accuracy as well. I'll have to postpone my leap here as I have a deal to work out with Bruce Gray on a 10mm P220 ST conversion which will delay me a while. But untill the USG comes out for us commoners? Wow!

#11 ·
Fusileer 72 said:
I for one can't wait to see how you all do with this it sounds facinating. Heck even if I never put a can on it it would seem to me that a longer barrel would get you a bit more velocity and perhaps accuracy as well. I'll have to postpone my leap here as I have a deal to work out with Bruce Gray on a 10mm P220 ST conversion which will delay me a while. But untill the USG comes out for us commoners? Wow!

USG is already out, and has been out for several months (bought mine in July). The military version is separated from the USG by having night sights (elevated) and the longer, threaded barrel.

By the look and feel of it, this project will take a while to complete (on the order of a year or two) so I don't think you'll have to worry about saving up pennies here and there.

Cheers!

#12 ·
The .45 USG? Haven't seen any yet. And I'm rooting through Guns America and Gun Broker pretty often. I know the .40's are out but haven't seen the dark earth .45's yet. What I'm hoping for really is a FNP .45 Military. In the mean time I'll make do with the standard models. But if I ever get a chance at one of the Military versions i'm all over it.

#13 ·
well i just posted in the thread over there,.. i am just looking for the threadded barrel,.. i can work around not having the sights or red dot because i plan on using a laser set up like the one on my P22.

i seriously wish i could get threadded barrels from FN,.. hell when i got my FNP-9 last year that was the only improvement i could see that the gun needed. it does not have to standard,. but it would be nice to have it as a factory option

#14 ·
Good luck! I will monitor this from the side lines!

#15 ·
Hey All...

I have been looking around for just this sort of deal!! I too want an FNP-45 MIL. in the worst way,two of them actualy.Next in line to those would be two FNP-45 USG w/D.E. frame and black slide #47932(FNH cat.#).

So,count me in for 2 barrels and 2 sets of sites.May as well go for the machining for the Doc. sight also.

Still looking for Dark Earth framed FNP-45s...

Wanta B

G
#20 ·
Yes it does indeed.Especially since their match grade extended barrels sell for around $175, if memory serves correctly. If they do it like their others, you'll have a choice of: extended; ext.w/threads or ext. ported

#26 ·
Considering suppressors are not legal here, I'm considering duracoating the slide FDE. As for the red dot sight, I can live without at the moment (the night sights are good enough for me).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.