FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of waiting on guns that may or may not get released, so I'm building my own. I need you'lls advice. Which upper is better- a Stag Arms upper or a Rock River upper?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Ford vs Chevy?

There is some info if you google

"6.8spc ar comparison"

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rec7 is $2,600 bucks. I have a bunch of parts already. I'm just looking for a good (nothing gold plated) shooter that I could use back home also for hunting if need be. I'm leaning towards the Rock River A3 upper.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up some parts for the project. Got a double star stripped lower, a Magpul Miad Modular Grip, a chip mccormick trigger, and I have been eyeballing a Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T Tactical Scope. Still have to deside on the 6.8 upper, stock, and mags.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Did you get the single stage drop in trigger?

·
Registered
631 Posts
ar15performance is building some really nice match grade uppers for around 1k

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I saw that, ar15performance makes some really nice shooters. To tell ya the truth, I'm building this gun on the cheap (as a beater). Got most of the parts from buddies so far (freebees). Trying to save my money for one of the four: Steyr Aug, Bushmaster ACR, FN Scar Heavy, or Kel Tech RFB.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
good luck on the build devil, u must post pics up when its done!! :?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I still new to this whole thing...Is an AR fully functional with a complete upper and lower, or are there other parts that are needed?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still new to this whole thing...Is an AR fully functional with a complete upper and lower, or are there other parts that are needed?
Bullets :D

Building an AR is really easy. I just don't feel like messing around with the upper so I'm getting a complete upper w/bolt, carrier, and charging rod in a A3 receiver, 16" CAR BBl.

When it comes in you slap it on the lower, push two push pins and away you go.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice, thanks devildoc. I thought I was sold on the FS2000 but I can't justify the cost of the weapon with ammo and mags at this time. looking at the noveske upper with a separate lower,buttstock,mags, sling, ammo, I'm still going to be spending less than the FS2000 itself.

For 6.8 try Silver State Armory.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the issue of Ammo, Hey I'm getting 6.8 SPC from Co Bon, Remington, Silver State Armory, Hornady, and Double Tap. I live in Marine Corps Country. I have 7 USMC bases, 1 Army Base, and 1 Air force Base all around me. Bullets are usually not an issue around here. Bullet prices are. Grrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I just pulled the trigger, I went ahead and ordered a Rock River 6.8 SPC upper. I'm tied of looking around for one. They said it will ship in 12 weeks. Tick Tock. So I guess I'll just stock up on ammo and mags till then.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks, like I missed this one by a bit, but I was going to suggest taking a look at Cardinal Armory's stuff. I built mine on a CMT upper with one of their barrels and it works great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts