FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title pretty much sums it up. In getting the SCAR finished out (with help from you guys), I was wondering about a reliable source or sources as well as a good bullet type/weight that all the SCARS tend to like. I can Google all day and find plenty of places to buy, but I do not know the best ones that have a good rep for shipping quality ammo at a fair price. I have been collecting firearms for years, buying boxes all along to fire and have also my preferred hunting rounds (Winchester Silver tip, 168gr), but am venturing into new territory with bulk. As always many thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
When ever I find Prvi partizan (PPU) 308 win 145gr white box for a good price, I buy it. I buy it from widener's reloading, AIM surplus, SGAmmo, Palmetto State Armory...any reputable on-line source will do. The Scar 17s will pretty much eat any 7.62 or 308 ammo you feed it. I stay away from steel case (that's just me). The plinking round I use is the Prvi 308 win. You gotta just keep your eye out for it, as it's not available all the time. Seems like when one vendor has it, they all have it.
If you want more accuracy, go with some Federal match.

You could try to find some NATO surplus 7.62. http://m14forum.com/ammunition/2330...lus-internet-updated-often-so-check-back.html The Prvi is much better though IMO, as it's cleaner, and more accurate. And when I say cleaner, I mean you won't have to clean your rifle after every range trip.:)

Become an FN supporting member and get the latest ammo deals from the FN member ammo thread. It will save you much more than the $25 annual fee.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
For ammo, same sources as Turnanewleaf, with the addition in some instances of ammunitiontogo and Natchezss (the shipping with them can get you from time to time - same with Palmetto)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts