FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have my PS90 next week at $1150 it was time to stop looking at them and buy one. I thinking about a Burris Fastfire on top but I can not find any reviews on them. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
I've occasionally seen people try to put these small, red dot setups on their PS90s... I will be honest - I haven't kept track of the brand names... There are like 3-5 brand names that these small setups are sold under, but they are all about the same size....

Some people have had success, and I have also read about problems with some... Apparently, it is sometimes hard to adjust them because they sit so high over the bore. I've read 1 or 2 complaints months back that stated they couldn't get the red dot to come down enough, because there wasn't enough adjust ability built into it.

If I were U, I'd just pay $100 more and buy an N Battery model EOtech from one of the two sponsors here that sells them for pretty cheap. I bought mine from Top Gun Supply last December, and I like it very much :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think that these smalll red dots optics would set lower than an Eotech. Humm??
I have a Eotech on my XCR and I really like it but I was think of compact size of the Burris Fastfire.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The problem is the amount of adjustment one can do with the optic. I have never tried a burris on a P90, but heard it can be a bit of a problem to zero.

I use an EOTECH because that is what I had laying around. It works fine. But, if I was setting up the P90 for personal protection, I would probably suggest an Aimpoint due to the simple fact that you can leave it turned on for a year. You don't have to buy a new one. There are great prices on used ones over at AR15.com, ebay, gunbroker.com. Be careful of the Chinese fakes though..

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Yes, that is what I was saying - the adjustment abilities are not as great...

As for the aimpoint, I don't like the feeling of looking down a tube. I'm sure I could get used to it if I needed too - but I like the wider field of view on the eotech.

As for height over the bore - this is less of a factor than you would think. I really see no pint of impact differences between my EOtech and the stock sight. I don't think it is an issue until U get to pretty far out distances - on the edges and beyond of the range of this weapon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I see what you guys are saying.
I may try and find a used Eotech or Aimpoint.
Unless someone disagrees with the above statements.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Shawn said:
I actually have one of these on my PS-90TR you can see a pic of it in the photo thread and it zeroed fine for me.
just my .02
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=3692
Well, I did state that I have only seen 1 or 2 complaints about this... JPoint, Dr Optic, and a few other names are all basically the same sight... I do not remember which EXACT ones I have seen complained about...

I like the EOtech, as it is very sturdy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice setup. So I'm guessing you like it or would you recommend something else.
I have always been one to share my experiances and I do like this set up for its compact size but there are definatle better sights out there.
The reality is a Comp or EO-tech are both better options but now that the USG sight is available Im wishing I would have picked that verision up instead of the Tri-rail. I went to the range today and was able to hit the 24'' gong at 300 yrds 10 for 10 with this set up after a 25 yrd zero and the 4 moa dot covered 1/2 the plate or more.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Well, even though the black ring sight is better than the white ringed sight, it still has a small field of view window compared to after market sights. I think I'd still take my eotech over a USG sight.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have used the Bushnell XLP and have tried an aimpoint, I prefer the USG over both of those for the low profile. It does have a small FOV but I shoot both eyes open so its not an issue with me.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Burris Red Dot on my PS90. It works well and I have had absolutely no problems with it. I also have a LaserMax Uni-Green
Rail Mounted pulsing Laser on my PS90. These two aiming devices are small and I think that they look like they fit very well together on this gun.

On the other hand I have an Eotech on my S&W M&P AR-15T and I like it better for this rifle. I am also using a Crimson Trace laser-equipped vertical foregrip that is mounted to my picatinny rail. These two items look like they are the right equipment for this gun.

I use a Surefire light on a swing mount on both of the guns.

In summary, look at all of the equipment you want to put on your gun and then make decisions about how you want your gun to look. I think you will be much happier with a gun that looks like everything was planned together.
8)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I took my fastfire off my MP5 clone and mounted it on the PS90 trirail temporarily. It sat WAY too low for me. I had to pressmy head hard on the mag for a very tight cheek weld to be able to see through it properly.
Works gerat on my MP5, not the ps90.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ordered a Burris Fastfire III for my PS90 after reading a lot of forum posts (here & elsewhere). The only real complaint that I saw was one about not having enough adjustment "down".
I wonder then if the problems are a matter of how far forward or how far back you mount on the rail? Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.