FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Thinking of trying a FastFire III on my FNP 45 Comp and having a heck of a time deciding between the 3 MOA and 8 MOA versions. The pistol is primarily a home defense weapon now and I'm concerned that the 3 MOA may be too small for the closer ranges. At 15 yards that one is going to be pretty small for my 60 year old eyeballs.

Searching reviews for the 8 MOA version came up rather nil which tells me there's not a lot of shooters using that size dot - which may be a clue in itself :wink:

Your thoughts and/or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
From what I have gathered most folks go with a larger dot for pistol shooting. 6-8MOA because it helps the shooter acquire it easily at arms length.

·
Registered
510 Posts
A lot of "tactical" "shooters" tell me they choose the larger dot.

I use a 2 MOA dot and prefer the acuity.

However, a tool is only good if it serves its purpose.

Your application is to use it for defense at close quarters. For anything 50 feet and under I'm sure the larger dot would work for you. Make sure you get the battery operated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have gathered most folks go with a larger dot for pistol shooting. 6-8MOA because it helps the shooter acquire it easily at arms length.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks.

A lot of "tactical" "shooters" tell me they choose the larger dot.

I use a 2 MOA dot and prefer the acuity.

However, a tool is only good if it serves its purpose.

Your application is to use it for defense at close quarters. For anything 50 feet and under I'm sure the larger dot would work for you. Make sure you get the battery operated.
I'm going to try the 8 MOA to start with. If I don't like it I can move sight to a shotgun and go with the smaller dot for the handgun. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts