FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt i should start this topic off in a new area, but I am saying the same thing buy now!!!!! Even if the new, updated AWB doesnt kicks off in the near future people fear buying is going to drive the price of ammo up anyways so it would be in everyones best interest on here to spend alittle bit more on the stuff you wanted to get before years end.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Trouble is, everyone is doing that right now (guilty as charged). Prices are going to go up over the next 3-6 months, and if nothing happens/isn't any talk about an AWB, prices will come down and people will slow down on the purchases, maybe even stop buying ammo because they already have stockpile of it, in which case the price of ammo would drop due to a lower demand and higher supply. That was a really long sentence. Sorry about that. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
People are frantic buying right now.

The folks in my local trruck club are caravaning down to the gun show next weekend and will probably buy the place out.

:eek:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
My local gun shop is out of ammo and Hi points and cobras :oops:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea, i need to buy some of their stock too :p

·
Registered
373 Posts
lol what is the deal with the Hi-Points lately. I might have to get some and just take them to the range to shot them, as in shot the Hi-Points. So far I've got one main frame and one hard drive that are going to be blasted over Thanksgiving break.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
What do you have against hi points...Any stories to share...I know i have a couple hehe...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I frankly don't even know what a Hi-Point is besides what I can gather from all the previous posts declaring there strength in numbers.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:-D :-D I'll trade my hk 45 for a Hi point any day :twisted:

·
Registered
49 Posts
HI POINT WTF!

I have owned High Point 9mm, 40, and 45. They are the Hyundai of firearms. Great warranty, great price, they function, but leave much to be desired.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Hi points ftmfw!! :?

·
Registered
475 Posts
getting back on topic, Obama doesn't take office until January 20th so we're safe until then, but after that its a long four years. My only hope is the democrats learn a valuable lesson after clinton and that is not to mess with gun rights or you'll lose the next election in the white house, and the power will shift in the senate and the house of representatives. with the slow economy and war going on i hope this will be put on the back burner (way back).

my buddy and i were having a debate on what to buy right now, his side is buy the firearms you want now because you might not be able to get them later. And mine is buy ammo, magazines, and spare parts for the weapons you already have, they way if something happens you'll be able shoot what you have.

finally we agreed either way is a good idea, because guns, ammo, mags, and spare parts will be like gold if another ban hits.

does anyone remember when hi-cap glock magazines were around $75.00 each during the AWB and when it sunseted they were $19.99 ? I do thats why I'm buying for the weapons I have first then I'll worry about something new.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Hell Im gonna go mag crazy and sell them when prices are through the roof!! :?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well before the clinton crime bill expired glock mags were around 150 bucks each, and now they are 20 to 29 bucks. So do the math, and buy now. Sh*t you can always sell them later if the price spikes or trade them for ammo just a fyi. If a AWB gets started again buying a few beta mags and keeping them new in the box wouldnt be a bad idea for a double or triple profit.

·
Administrator
11,741 Posts
Its not really a question of how long it will take to get it considered and passed. What it comes down to is the run on firearms and the perephials that is taking place.

Stocks of items are being depleated and prices will go up - market demand = economics one oh one.

I am sure that the debate has already started amoung lawmakers. If I wanted it passed, I would do it immediatly so that I had the next two years to let it die down as other crises evolve before mid term elections.

Available now = lower prices.
Available later = much higher prices.
Banned later = insane capatilism at work.

I doubt that there will be a later after the banned part in our lifetimes.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you want any of anything thats evil and black.. Its to late, with the prices of what I saw working the gun show this weekend unless you just hand them your card without knowing the price is the only way to buy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Spent most of the day at the gun show in Nashville today.... one table had a PS90 on display, though not for sale that I am aware of. I tried to get the people to talk to me but I guess I didn't look like $$$ to them so they blew me off for the most part. I found one 50 round mag for $75 and that was it. NO 5.7 ammo at all.... none....

Tons and tons of AR and AK stuff as one would expect, but not much ammo. One table had a couple cases of .223 from PMC at $8 a box, not bad but not mind blowing. Another guy had 3 200 round belts for $80 each in carry cases, 3 steel core and 1 tracer combo's. I bought one, kinda wish I'd gotten them all.

One person had 3 boxes of 9mm IMI/UZI subsonic ammo, which was on my shopping list, but wanted $40 per box....

Came real close to picking up a H&K P7-PSP but since I bought one just 3 days ago I figured I should let that urge pass. NO PSP mags at all anywhere....

No Class III stuff at all as far as I could tell.

I ended up getting a couple empty ammo cans, you can never have enough, some mini-14 and uzi mags, the belt of .223 ammo, some disposable earplugs, and 4 counterfeit/replica wrist watches.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts