FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I wanted to finally make the purchase of a scar. I'm aware the scar will have to get all the "evil features" removed. Wanted to know how I go about doing that? Can I have it sent to a ffl in NJ that will make it legal. Please let me know ASAP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know some places would be able to pin the stock etc just wanted to see if anyone had some insight.. Gotta love living in jersey

·
Registered
123 Posts
welcome and good luck with that. I think they sell a kit and you would think any FFL could handle the job with the right license. I'd call around the LGS and see who wants your money, grab one off gunbroker or where ever, have it shipped to them and off you go. Kinda like cutting the nuts off a prize winning stud, but somethings better than nothing, except this,

·
Registered
505 Posts
You would be better off getting a Ruger 10/22.

Reactions: t.monty07

·
Registered
505 Posts
Its akin to having the most beautiful woman in the world only to find out her Vagina has been sewn up.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Reactions: Teufelshunde

·
Registered
84 Posts
A guy posted a mod on how to pin the stock to make the SCAR 16 CA legal, it is fairly easy. I'd post a link if I remembered where I saw it..... but do a search for California legal

·
Registered
123 Posts
A guy posted a mod on how to pin the stock to make the SCAR 16 CA legal, it is fairly easy. I'd post a link if I remembered where I saw it..... but do a search for CA legal
I think it will need to be pinned befor he takes custody, might be wrong

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct the gun has to be pinned and all the other bs before I can take possession of it. I already have a 10/22 I have been drooling over a scar. I'm stuck in NJ for another 2 years so it's what I got to live with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys I wanted to finally make the purchase of a scar. I'm aware the scar will have to get all the "evil features" removed. Wanted to know how I go about doing that? Can I have it sent to a ffl in NJ that will make it legal. Please let me know ASAP.
i dont know much about the scars evil features. but check out njgunforum.com there's several members with scars and dealers who will make it happen. where in nj are you located?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
from my understanding it would be easier to go to gunbroker have it sent to a ffl in pa. Have them make it NJ legal then transfer it to a ffl in NJ as many NJ ffls will not accept it from what i am told.

·
Registered
7 Posts
from my understanding it would be easier to go to gunbroker have it sent to a ffl in pa. Have them make it NJ legal then transfer it to a ffl in NJ as many NJ ffls will not accept it from what i am told.
what ffl in nj would you be using? dont send from one to the next. plenty of nj ffl's have them in stock or can order them or will modify them to nj compliance. Most ffls in nj do this work on a regular basis. not sure how far it is from you but tj's in i think bayville should be able to help with a great price. check out that njgunforum alot of good info there and even a price quote function for ffl's that are members there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts