FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,...

has anyone used there free sight on a FS2000 yet?

i am just wondering what your though where after some time at the range with one. and if anyone has info about the sight on other weapons please share some info.

·
Registered
89 Posts
8 MOA is the std size. You can purchase different sizes if you like. My only disappointment was that it did not co-witness with the stock sights. Otherwise I like it.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
spongecop said:
8 MOA is the std size. You can purchase different sizes if you like. My only disappointment was that it did not co-witness with the stock sights. Otherwise I like it.
Thanks

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
8 M.O.A ?! :?: That covers 8 inches at 100 yards!

·
Registered
363 Posts
spongecop said:

:grin:

The C_MORE you get from FN is not an 8 moa. It is a 2 moa, the smallest they make, and the proper one for a rifle. I use an EOTECH because I like the sight picture more and it has a 1 moa dot.

I have two C-MORES sitting in my closet gathering dust.

Tom

·
Administrator
11,368 Posts
imschur said:
Mine just arrived. The box is checked for 6moa hmmm
According to C More website, all the railway models are 8 moa http://www.cmore.com/railway.html

However, both of mine sent to me by FnH are listed as CRWB-6 which would indicate a 6 moa. My boxes have nothing on the outside except the CRWB-6 and the C More Systems logo. However, the UPC indicates that these are special builds for FN as it notes: "FN C MORE RAILWAY CLICK"

I beleive the breakdown is

C = Click
RW = Railway
B = Black
6 = 6 moa

Still a mighty big moa but hey, they were free so I won't complain.

·
Registered
363 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
imschur said:
Mine just arrived. The box is checked for 6moa hmmm
According to C More website, all the railway models are 8 moa http://www.cmore.com/railway.html

However, both of mine sent to me by FnH are listed as CRWB-6 which would indicate a 6 moa. My boxes have nothing on the outside except the CRWB-6 and the C More Systems logo. However, the UPC indicates that these are special builds for FN as it notes: "FN C MORE RAILWAY CLICK"

I beleive the breakdown is

C = Click
RW = Railway
B = Black
6 = 6 moa

Still a mighty big moa but hey, they were free so I won't complain.

You may be right, and I might be wrong!
My box says :

CRBW-6

Then on top of the bar code it says : "FN C MORE RAILWAY CLICK"

Underneath the bar code is : 8 18513 00236 3

Beats me? It looks like it covers 2" but maybe not.

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine, according to the box, is a CRWB-6.

According to the enclosed 'Instruction Manual', CRW = Railway Model.

Inside under 'Diode Module Replacement' it says:-

2 MOA = Red
4 MOA = green
6 MOA = Blue
8 MOA = Yellow
12 MOA = Orange
16 MOA = Purple

My LED = Red (I suspect everyone else as well), so its 2 MOA.

I finally sighted my FS2000 today. Man, what a revelation. I left my instruction manual at home, so I tried sighting at 25 yds. Rounds were hitting an estimated 30 inches low and 12 inches to the left.
Switched to 10 yds and still couldn't hit the target. Aimed top center and finally had hit the lower left. Adjusted, shot, re-adjusted - bull/center. Moved back to 25yds, shot, adjusted, shot adjusted and now grouping in the center.

Haven't tried 100 yds yet. Maybe next week. I don't have a rest with me so I will refine it later, but its looking good.

Anyway, that's my report. Like the feel and lack of wobble due to the heavy rear end and corresponding light front end. No jams or magazine issues (30 round mags). Put 150 or so rounds through so I'm happy so far.

Regards...Martin

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a 6MOA CMORE sight and it works great. You're not going to get sub MOA out of it at 100yards that's for sure, but it is a great sight IMO. NVG compatible, clear and crisp red-dot, and it holds zero fine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
marrandy said:
Mine, according to the box, is a CRWB-6.

According to the enclosed 'Instruction Manual', CRW = Railway Model.

Inside under 'Diode Module Replacement' it says:-

2 MOA = Red
4 MOA = green
6 MOA = Blue
8 MOA = Yellow
12 MOA = Orange
16 MOA = Purple

My LED = Red (I suspect everyone else as well), so its 2 MOA.
The color they are referring to is the color marked on the UNDERSIDE of the LED module, not the color of the LED itself. All of the MOA options currently use red LEDs (but here's hoping for green LED modules!)

So yours could still be 6 MOA with a red LED and blue paint under the module. I pulled my module out and confirmed that it's got the blue paint.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just received and installed the 2MOA LED module from MidwayUSA. It is so much better than the 6MOA module, and at full brightness, it's still very easy to see in bright sunlight. It's got red paint underneath, BTW.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Who is giving away free a c-more sight?? and how do I go about getting one??

I would surely give it a try to see how it works

Thank you

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm,.. i do like the 2moa dots on our new M4 Aimpoints,.. i'll have to look into getting the smaller dot for the free C-more.

so anyone got a picture of the sight mounted on there gun?

if not i guess i could just wait a month until i get back Stateside to play with mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts