FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a C-more on my Tri-rail PS90 and want to get away from Battery only reliance sights. I thought of the Mepro 21 so I compared the two.

The C-more red dot is 4.3" above the center of the barrel while the Mepro 21 bullseye is 4.5" above the center of the barrel. Not much of a difference.

I am switching to the Mepro 21 because I never have to turn it on or off. I like the Bullseye model so I can use the bottom, middle and top of it for different ranges. The FOV on the C-More is a little better because it is thin and doesn't obstruct as much as the Mepro (which is not bad at all). Adjusting the windage and elevation on the Mepro is a snap using a regular flat head screwdriver while the C-more you need an allen wrench (yuck). The C-more will cost around $200 while you can get a Mepro 21 off of Ebay for around $400 if you search. The Mepro uses quick detach levers so it is easy to attach and detach it to the rifle while the C-more needs a screwdiver.

Gun Airsoft Airsoft gun Shooting Shooting sport
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I run the C-More on the FS, but it was free so I can't complain.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a Mepro on one of my rifles and I like it. Only issue is in a dark area ( or under the roof of shooting line) sometimes it is difficult to clearly make out the dot when shooting into a lighted area. Not enough to prevent you from safely shooting a man sized target, but it does effect it enough (for me) to prevent consistent placement in the center bulls-eye at 50+ yards.

·
Vendor
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Mepro on one of my rifles and I like it. Only issue is in a dark area ( or under the roof of shooting line) sometimes it is difficult to clearly make out the dot when shooting into a lighted area. Not enough to prevent you from safely shooting a man sized target, but it does effect it enough (for me) to prevent consistent placement in the center bulls-eye at 50+ yards.
If you click on the photo of the Mepro you will see my prototype of the REM 21 which is an add on Rheostat to put light into the Mepro when needed. It has 11 light settings just like my other REMs. I'm trying to have it on the market by the spring of next year.

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
I have two Mepro 21s, but I have the one with the triangle. I like it MUCH better than the bullseye reticle. At 50 yards, the bullseye covers too much of the target.

I wrote a mini review of it a couple of years back here: Mini Review - Mepro 21 Reflex Sight with triangle

I've owned 3 other Mepro 21s in the past. Only optic I can use that doesn't give me conniptions (I have issues with my eyes and red dots). I also like that its battery free and electronic free. I did have to buy an attachable LED for one of my Mepros - it washed out easier than any of the others I have owned. There does some to be some natural variation between specimen to specimen. And, the factory will tell you something is in spec, despite one being noticeably easier to wash out. I am lucky that the two I have now don't wash out like 99% of the time compared to others I have owned.

I have one on my SCAR 16 and on my Beretta CX4 right now.

I REALLY like your new LED attachment, however. From the photo, it seems much better than the other option that is out right now.

·
Vendor
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea on the cost of your new item when it comes out?
I'm shooting for below $50 range. Right now I pulled the trigger on getting Aluminum molds for the REM T3 and REM T3GD (Baseplate will be included). These should be ready in about 60 days. We'll see what the final cost with professional packaging etc is on these and this will give us a good bench mark for the REM ACOG and Mini ACOG then the REM for the Mepro 21. I really like the REM 21 in that it sits lower (out of line of sight) than the WOR and it has 11 light settings instead of on/off like the WOR. The WOR is $20 and is a good price for what it is but again mine will be in the $40 - $50 range.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Looking forward to ordering one when you get them out again!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
I'm shooting for below $50 range. Right now I pulled the trigger on getting Aluminum molds for the REM T3 and REM T3GD (Baseplate will be included). These should be ready in about 60 days. We'll see what the final cost with professional packaging etc is on these and this will give us a good bench mark for the REM ACOG and Mini ACOG then the REM for the Mepro 21. I really like the REM 21 in that it sits lower (out of line of sight) than the WOR and it has 11 light settings instead of on/off like the WOR. The WOR is $20 and is a good price for what it is but again mine will be in the $40 - $50 range.
Ok, thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts