FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does california compliant mean? it meets requirements but is it still legal (it must be since it is being sold here right?)

they added an extention to the stock which actually in another thread i heard helped out with the balance....and made a ten round mag that must be detached with a tool....

any thoughts guys? i really want a ps90 but to pay extra plus get a wimped out version?????......

the site was www.metroshotfirearms.com

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
As much as I like my PS90, if I had to buy a CA version, I wouldn't bother - I gotta be honest. A 10 round mag takes the fun out of it.

I have a stock extension, and I like it - but I think to be CA compliant, the extension may be even longer than the one I have...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it kinda sucks....i guess it will be last on my list of FN guns, unless of course i get out of CA. (then i get to pick up the FS2k too!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Critical Dimensions has made some of the California required modifications specific to the users request, including a 4.5" polymer buttstock extension and forward barrel shrouds. Due to the low demand, we don't advertise the California items, but email or PM us if interested.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a great job offer to move to CA at double my current salary to start and almost triple at the end of the year.........but I didn't move because of all the gun control issues. I grew up in NJ and hate living in midwest, but I love the fact that I can walk into a gunshop and come back out in 20 minutes with a pistol in my hand on my way to the range.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I made a CA compliant PS90 by using the 4.5" extension and fixing a 10 round mag. It still shoots fine, but there is one catch. the 45" extension is huge and heavy- it makes the gun way back heavy.

I'm also 6'3", and the length of pull is a touch long for me, so this will not work for a shorter guy.

The beauty of it is, if you ever move out of state, all the mods are reversible, and you're in the door owning one now in case they ever ban them again federally (say hitlary wins 2008).

Since you can only own 10 round mags in CA since 2000, it's no better or worse than anything else currently available.

-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts