FN Herstal Firearms banner

California Buttstock Extensions for PS90

5K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Eldo In The Weeds 
#1 ·
I've been asked to make butttstock extensions with an overall length of 4.5" that can be installed on PS90's. This additional length would make PS90's legal for ownership in California due to the overall length requirements restricted by California law I'm told. If any California residents are interested please sound off here. Also I'm not familiar with California laws, so if anyone has additional information please feel free to post it here.

#2 ·
I'll take one

I've found, like many others, that the rifle is easier to aim when held out a bit to provide additional sighting distance. I looked down and yes, it looks like 4.5 inches would be fine. Certainly this would be a simpler method to achieve the length required than trying to change out the muzzle brake.
Please put me down for one.

#9 ·
Ken, it looks like the longer extension is going to need a set-screw of sorts. Something that will require that once the stock is in place and set, a tool will be required in order to completely remove the stock. If there were to be a longitudinal screw, flushed in along the top of the stock, the screw could be applied in a way that would keep the stock from coming back up of the rifle. Unless a screw inside the stock could perform the same function.

#11 ·
The Buttstock Extensions have an internal storage compartment with access under butt cap. The set -screw is no problem and will be accessed under butt cap also.
Drawings have been made of a thumbhole plug and a add-on front shroud/forearm. I'm going to prototype these in the next few weeks. I've got an idea for a slip-on muzzle device that may solve the flash suppressor issue but need more info concerning California law(s). Can anyone there email me links or copies of the related statute???
Thanks

#14 ·
It's going to take a month or two to get all these parts made. Some (like the thumbhole plug and flash suppressor cover sleeve) will only have use for those in California, but the forearm and buttstock extensions will be made in larger quantities for general use.

Here's some info on California laws concening what they call "assault weapons"

California Definition of Assault Weapon
(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine
and any one of the following:

(a) pistol grip that protrudes conspecuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(b) thumbhole stock.
(c) folding or telescoping stock.
(d) grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(e) flash suppressor.
(f) forward pistol grip.

The following definitions apply to terms used in the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(d) "pistol grip that protrudes con****uously beneath the action of the weapon” means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

#17 ·
I'm excited about these parts--one thing to consider might be the combination of a 2.5" butt extension with a 2" barrel extension. I've tried a 2" butt extension on my airsoft P90 (yeah, yeah, I know, no airsofter wannabes on this forum, but hey, I own a REAL FS2000, so that redeems me somewhat).

The 2" butt extension was perfect. 4.5" would be too much, I think, so I'd like to see a 2" extension plus a barrel extension to make up the difference.

I wonder if my airsoft butt extension would fit--wouldn't that be a laugh?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.