FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally here--the long-awaited, highly-anticipated Raddlock for the FS2000!

This kit was designed to make absolutely no destructive or irreversible modifications to the gun--it can be installed and removed easily, returning the gun to its original factory configuration in under five minutes. Disassembly of the stock is not required!

Most important, unlike the other option on the market, the expensive mag catch is not cut up but is merely covered up by a cunningly-placed rail. That means that the button can be operated from two locations: via the rail on the right hand side (key only) or via the bottom mag release (bullet or key or any other pointy tool). The rail is removable from the riser, without exposing the upper magazine catch.

Check out the pics of my gun with the Raddlock installed! (Barrel extension is not included as part of the kit--use any ol' fake can.)

The completed FS2000:

The upper magazine release cover + removable rail:

See? The rail doesn't get in the way at all!

The "bullet-button" replacement for the lower magazine release.

Sweet, huh?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope! There are two routes: 1) affix the magazine so that it can only be removed by a tool (bullets count as tools), OR 2) fill in the thumbhole and remove the flash hider and any other "evil" features. Both routes require a minimum overall length of 30".

I absolutely did not want to fill in the thumbhole, because that ruins the ergonomics of this beautiful gun (why buy an FS2000 if you can't hold it the way it's meant to be?), so I asked Raddlock to build one for the FS2000. I sent in my stock to be used for R&D, and here's the result!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice work, and nothing personal, but there is a reason I do not live in CA anymore.

So, if you go the range, and you have a "normal" FS2K, with some 30 and 40 round magazines..

What do they do? Confiscate your stuff? Or throw you in jail?

I guess the constitution is no longer in effect in CA.

Sorry for the rant.. but in my case, I moved away from the sillyness. (Born and raised in CA, but in much more friendly "REAGAN" times.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its a very clean CA Compliance kit. No major modification that results to drilling or cutting of any kind.

I just wish I can get my hands on the Raddlock kit. Can't seem to find Radd or any of his distributors that can sell me this kit.

8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts