FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The premise of this adjunct is to provide those personnel with their own secured forum so that they can share their P&P's and other valuable information pertinent to their craft, weapons platform utilization, deployment, selection, training and others.

Please send me a PM if you do not wish to be identified and are interested in participating.

I have received requests of this nature before and I think that it's time to implement it on our forum.

The forum will not be moderated - however, a volunteer moderator from the body may be given the rights to do so.

Kind Regards,

-TH

·
Registered
98 Posts
Interested...how will status be verified?

i mean just becuase I tell you Im LEO, how do you know I really am?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'd be interested..... but majorwest has a good point

Are there really enough LE/Mil people here with enough talk to warrant such a subforum? I don't know if it would be worth it

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not trying to be a dooshe or anything but why can't LEO's and Military personel share their vast amount of knowlege and experiences with everybody?

I guess I just feel left out. :D :roll: :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmm... give up the tricks of the trade and discuss tactical and operational information with the everyday good citizen that wont abuse or misuse the info, I have no problem with that. Keep in mind most of the time an Officer is dealing with 5% of the population 95% of the time. those are the people I dont want looking in on the conversations in an open forum. As I mentioned above how do the LEO's verify there validity...let alone the good citizen on the forum. Im not trying to say you or anyone here is one of the 5%, its just that this job is far more dangerious than most have any clue and I would like to have the upper hand on the street as much as possible.

I for one would not want the guy thinking about shooting up a school or a mall acting like one of the good guys here getting his plan of attack and tactical know how from a bunch cops sitting around talking about arrest proceders and responce tactics. Most off the rack gun magizines do a good enough job of that already.

Nothing personal McLovin.

·
Registered
350 Posts
wow i feel insulted

1.unless youre tier 1 everything you do and know is in a book

2. the owner of fnforum.net and other moderators could access this ninja forum, correct? lets see some badges

3. the internet isnt a safe place to be talking about any protocol, tactics etc because its too easily compromised, especially a forum

im not trying to flame or be an ahole here im just saying think about it

·
Banned
328 Posts
I don't really care myself but I could see such a subforum serving to alienate the "peons" who do not qualify for membership.

Also, save having potential members meet shipwreck or therm in person and flashing a badge/military ID, I don't see how you can be sure they are legit.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok,

it was an idea. I had a forum like it here in the beginning and it was nice, except for the fact we had only 2 LEO's.

Now we have many more, including Homeland Defense.

I thought that the impetus behind this was to discuss the merits and trade-offs of particular weapons platforms or some else's wife or the worst gun ever. You guys decide the level, topic and protocol.

The content is really irrelevant as long as LEO's across the country get to meet and relax in one room, and hopefully share some ideas or stories.

And no, this is not any ninja room because nobody is dumb enough to elaborate on their next sting operation. Well, maybe except for that DEA fella who shot himself with a .40 Glock in the foot in a room full of kids.

To prove my point - see what happens when a person asks a simple question or poses a simple topic. Everybody has an opinion - qualified or not. In order to filter some of that noise, I felt that it would be pertinent to establish a separate area for those types of discussions.

As for the badges - not really necessary. Any posers will be quickly found and removed. It's not the Secret Service application form.

:)

-TH

·
Banned
328 Posts
To prove my point - see what happens when a person asks a simple question or poses a simple topic. Everybody has an opinion - qualified or not.

I think your point gets proven in every thread on every board ever including this thread.

This forum is one of the more level headed ones I have seen. Jackasses pop up every once and a while but they generally don't last long. This is probably due to the efforts of the mods more than anything.

·
Registered
350 Posts
And no, this is not any ninja room because nobody is dumb enough to elaborate on their next sting operation. Well, maybe except for that DEA fella who shot himself with a .40 Glock in the foot in a room full of kids.
:lol: :lol:

that was amazing

about the legit thing.. i dunno ive seen some pretty good fakers
i think theres a website that exposes them, theres a ton :lol:

·
Banned
112 Posts
I don't see the harm really. BG's are BG's. Anybody who's here that would read what LEO's have to say already have access to enough information that anything we had to say wouldn't really be new information anyway.
We could discuss tactics until we were blue in the face but any LEO worth his salt (and who has been through at least one custody and control course) knows that you won't learn anything simply from reading it and you definitely won't learn it from experiencing it ONE time either. That's why we drill and we drill and we drill. Its called muscle memory. We keep practicing and we keep practicing and we keep practicing until it becomes second nature.
As a woman of smaller stature, I'm always meeting up with the 'Bubba' who decides he isn't going to allow me to arrest him today and I'm constantly having to prove myself to men who are almost twice my size. When I first started, I ALWAYS made sure I had backup. Now, I rarely call for backup. And I rarely need it.
No, I'm not bragging. But it took years of training too. Now I teach the custody and control courses. I teach a lot of tactics courses as well. Discussing such topics is one thing, but unless a civie had intimate knowledge and practiced what we preached (ie, LIVED it) it would do them no good.
If we shared tips between us, tips that would come in handy to LEO's that would use them DAILY in our JOBS, these civies aren't going to implement them in their job at Subway or delivering the newspaper. They won't be going into the office in condition orange. WE DO.
So I really don't see the harm.
Then again, that's just my opinion.
And I'm the new gal on the block, so I'm sure my opinion holds no weight.
But there it is anyway.
Howdy boys!
Cute place you got here! :?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would just like to state that I was in no way, complaining or bitching.

You guys want to have your own forum, go ahead.

I just want to make sure I hear everyones opinion, especialy the experts. :? So make sure you don't spend ALL your time over there. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
WOW! Never in a million years would I think this would be a such a split topic. Can we start a Tattoo section instead?

Nobody here should feel they need to appologize for there heart felt opinons. Chances are if your on this forum you a 2nd Amendment fighter or at least enjoy the right. Well freedom of speach goes hand in hand. So speak out and be proud when you do.

After having read some of the comments here, I got to thinking. I get 12-16 hours a day 3-11 days at a time to BS about cop stuff with other cops. It made me realize I come here to relax and yack about the fun stuff OFF DUTY.

Tonight I have to very much more important thing on my mind.

#1 I have a metal spinter in my trigger finger and Im haveing trouble getting it out.

#2 Am I going to play XBOX 360 till my eys start to bleed or am I going to watch "Heros" sesion 1

#3 Food. What and how much.

Majorwest OUT!

·
Banned
112 Posts
Majorwest, I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers. Truly.
I understand that when the day is over you want to tune out. 10-8 is 10-8 and the last thing you want is to rehash blue review with even more cops. All I'm saying is, I'm always open to learn. If there is a tip out there that somebody has that might one day save MY life or the life of one of my coworkers, I'd love to hear it. Whether its here or there or even if I read it in some rag magazine while waiting in line at the grocery store.
When I find a good tip, I mentally file it away or put it in my notebook and try to incorporate it into my next training session. And not ALL tips come from cops. The last life saving tip I got came from a civilian who noted something from our field training. He was deliveing sandwiches and when I stopped to pay him he asked me an innocent question that should have stood out like a neon sign, but didn't. I could have kissed him. I called a quitck halt to the training, called in everybody from the drill, had the little sandwich boy repeat his question and everybody saw exactly what he was asking. Having the sandwich boy point it out had MUCH MORE impact than my pointing it out. And believe me, nobody forgot it either.
So I guess my point is, if its going to be done, open it up. Cops can learn from military who can learn from cops who can learn from the lowly sandwich delivery boy. Just because its there doesn't mean you HAVE to take part in it. Its like any other part of a discussion forum. You have a choice in what parts you decide to participate in.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Well I would'nt mind the forum. I've been retired for almost a year and after 27 years on the job it's always nice to hear how things are going.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts