FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep, first batch gun, baby!(if you know what I mean)

:wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
My FS2K with ACOG TA01. I reciently sold the ACOG and ordered a ELCAN specter DR, it should be in sometime in May.

[/img]

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a nice setup. I'd love 1, but I broke the bank buying my PS90 and all the stuff w/ it. I probably have nearly $2500 sunk into the thing with EVERYTHING.

I am so lucky I won a Beretta pistol last year and was able to sell it to help buy my PS90, or I never could have afforded it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
FS 2000

Sentinel,

I've got an F2K on the way, anything I need to know before I go out and play with it? Suggestions for accessories? I have an Eotech 552 on my PS90 that I'm thinking about transferring to the new aquisition, and getting something else to replace it. Would appreciate whatever thoughts you have.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I read that the newest batch of FS2000's would be shipping w/ C-More sights - according to someone who went to the Shotshow - or, it should start sometime this year. In fact, the guy warned that if they are not on the guns, then maybe the dealer was revoving the sight and selling it seperately.

U'd probably have to call FN directly to find out WHEN this will start.

·
Registered
23 Posts
gregg, definitely give it a real good cleaning prior to shooting. you'll find little pieces of styrofoam packing material all over the damn place. My FS2000 grouped tighter (1.5" - 2" @ 100 yrds using Black Hill 77 gr match) with the heavier weight ammo 62 -77 gr. As far as accessories go, I highly recommend some good optics as the rear sight sits a little low to comfortably use . The ACOG is nice, but I sold mine and ordered one of the new ELCAN Spectre DR scopes, it should be in sometime around June. From what others say the Uert slings seem to be well made but I don't like the way the strap attaches through the thumb hole area of the stock, so I'll wait until FN releases their slings. If you decide to go with an ACOG get the NSN model as it's calibrated to used off a flat top upper and you may also want to check out the ARMS #19 mount. Enjoy your new FS2000, I hope I answered some of your questions.

A

·
0 Posts
XQME said:
Yep, first batch gun, baby!(if you know what I mean)

:wink:
Did you get a C-More sight for your trouble of having to send your gun in? (you stated that you got a 1st batch gun - wasn't the 1st batch under a recall)

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's Here!!

Picked up my F2K the other day(hey, that rhymes). It is way cool! haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet, need to clean out all of the styrafoam first, as Sentinel had advised. At a glance, it is not all that heavy, even with a loaded mag. I carry an M4 at work every day which is equipped with an Eotech 552, and a surefire handguard, and I think this is still a little lighter. Ergonomics are excellent, though the rear sight is a joke as someone had mentioned and you really do seem to have to hunker down a little bit to get a good sight picture. It takes both 30 rounders, and 20 rounders, which is convienent. The gasket makes mag changing a little bit of a pain, but I think with break in that will go away. I don't know who said it, but changing the mags is not a two handed operation, even with the stiffness from the magwell gasket, it can still be done with your support hand while maintaining a postive grip with your strong hand. Takedown is a little more involved, but still follows some of the basic lines of the PS90. Was pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of the tools for a detailed takedown, and sight adjustment. Then again, for the price, it's the least FNH can do. I think I'm going to take the Eotech off of my PS90 and try it on the F2k, though I have been eyeballing the new Bushnell Holosight XLP, and may try that as well. Like the idea of a lower profile sight, and Bushnell is advertising specs that indicate ruggedness comparable to the Eotech. When I get a good grasp on posting pics, will put some up, and will drop some figures fro the range as well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Ship-

Funny that you said Aimpoint, it is actualy a Trijicon Tripower- they do look similar depending on the angle of the photo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I decided just to keep my green FS2000 new in the box condition for now with an extra green PS90 for long term storage or long term investment based on market demand vs. future import restrictions.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Big Elf said:
I decided just to keep my green FS2000 new in the box condition for now with an extra green PS90 for long term storage or long term investment based on market demand vs. future import restrictions.
Yea, you aren't kidding there. It will go up. Better save some 5.7 ammo too, though. I am slowly trying to save some. I have 300 extra rounds now. By the end of the year, I hope to have 1000 rounds saved.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts