FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you gentlemen have endured a lot of questions on my ongoing quest for the "right" optics setups for my various SCAR 17s. This is a difficult process. I understand and recognize this in myself (after my 16 year search for my preferred single malt, with hundreds of emails and phone calls with questions, I am barred under Scottish law from contacting Laphroaig any more). But I digress.

I need your sage advice again.

I am thinking about running a Nightforce 2.5-10X42 NXS compact on an ADM Delta mount. Here is the problem: I have seen a few pics of the X32 model on an ADM mount and it looks like it barely clears the rear iron sight on the SCAR. Will there be any issues with that with the X42? For clarity, the issue is illustrated in the pic below, where the red circle highlights the area of the clearance issue.

Has anyone had any problems putting the 2.5-10X42 NXS compact on an ADM mount?

scope.png

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
I have no idea what the answer to your question is. But, I have a very important question myself. I've been itching to try Laphroaig myself and have no idea where to start. Suggestions? :mrgreen: I promise not to derail further. :-D

Also, I'm fairly certain the nightforce in that photo is a 3.5-15x50 or larger.

·
Premium Member
13,362 Posts
I have no idea what the answer to your question is. But, I have a very important question myself. I've been itching to try Laphroaig myself and have no idea where to start. Suggestions? :mrgreen: I promise not to derail further. :-D

Also, I'm fairly certain the nightforce in that photo is a 3.5-15x50 or larger.
I had to google that one but I knew alcohol was involved:-D

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
After a little reading it looks like only the objective bell on the scope is larger, not the rear. So you should be gtg in regards to clearing the rear sight. I know Full Assualt runs a 2.5-10x32 in the ADM Delta with no clearance issues.

What reticle are you looking at? I really like the MOAR reticle.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
My current choice of Scotch is the Scapa 16yr.

The scope in the picture is mounted on a KAC M110 Mount which puts the center line of the optic 1.4" above the receiver. the ADM Delta mount puts the cenetrline of the optic at 1.5" above the receiver so given the same eyepiece size, the ADM mount would provide an additional .1" of clearance

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a little reading it looks like only the objective bell on the scope is larger, not the rear. So you should be gtg in regards to clearing the rear sight. I know Full Assualt runs a 2.5-10x32 in the ADM Delta with no clearance issues.

What reticle are you looking at? I really like the MOAR reticle.
We are of a mind: I am interested in the MOAR reticle.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buried somewhere... deep in this thread... the OP's optic/mount question was answered.

-SS
The lovely journey into the world of scotch not withstanding, according to the Nigthforce site the "ocular diameter" for the 2.5-10X32 is 33mm, but for the 2.5-10X42 is 40mm.

Doesn't that mean the X42 is fatter at the rear than the X32 (which clears, but just barely, on the ADM Delta mount)?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He uses the ADM Recon-S mount and I am thinking about the ADM Delta, so the next step will be to compare those mounts. If the scope rides no lower on the Delta mound than the Recon-S, I should be GTG.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts