FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, gents. I was recently willed by my grandfather an ALL ORIGINAL FN FAL 50.00. Serial number is 779. Im assuming this was made in 1953 since that was the first year of production. Can anyone help with a value or anything useful? Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully Paco will see your post and weigh in. He seems to have a great deal of knowledge on old FN weaponry. If he doesn't, send him a PM. I believe you will have to get your post count up to over 10 to send PMs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
congrats on a nice FAL and welcome to the forums.

sorry i cannot help on the value. i can only suggest checking gun broker for similar examples.

·
Premium Member
13,252 Posts
:welcomesigntb3: To our lovely Forum!

I was recently willed by my grandfather an ALL ORIGINAL FN FAL 50.00. Serial number is 779
Can anyone help with a value
you have something of sentimental value! your grandfather willed you a great piece of history keep it in your possession!:-x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I did PM Paco and he responded, however, I can't post pics in PM'S for some reason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum I purchased a 5 & 7 a while back. I took the gun to a gun shop and had them clean it in one of those tanks where you submerge the gun. I put it back in the safe and a few months later I went to the range and the gun started malfunctioning I could only shoot once and it would jam. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum I purchased a 5 & 7 a while back. I took the gun to a gun shop and had them clean it in one of those tanks where you submerge the gun. I put it back in the safe and a few months later I went to the range and the gun started malfunctioning I could only shoot once and it would jam. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem.
I realize this is your first post, but you posed this question in a thread that has nothing to do with the 57 so I doubt the right people will even see it. You should start a new thread here https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-five-seven/.
You need to add some details like is it failing to eject the empty brass or is it failing to strip a new round from the magazine and go into battery. I hope someone with experience with the 57 will be able to help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts