FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found several new USA-made scar 16s on gunbroker. I was thinking about bidding but they were sold quickly by buy-it-now!
Second stimulus check arrives in time for those people hit the button without a hesitation.

:unsure: Still a huge market for scar 16s.

·
Banned
659 Posts
Found several new USA-made scar 16s on gunbroker. I was thinking about bidding but they were sold quickly by buy-it-now!
Second stimulus check arrives in time for those people hit the button without a hesitation.

:unsure: Still a huge market for scar 16s.
You snooze, you lose. Quit "thinking" and hit the "buy-it-now" button. Buy once, cry once. This time next year, you'll look almost brilliant...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
$3900 for a SCAR 16 is a stupid price. There is not one good reason to pay that for a 5.56 military style rifle. Plenty of nice piston 5.56 rifles out there at 1/4 to 1/3 that price. I wouldn't pay that for a SCAR 20S even with all that's going on. Crazy.

·
Banned
659 Posts
$3900 for a SCAR 16 is a stupid price. There is not one good reason to pay that for a 5.56 military style rifle. Plenty of nice piston 5.56 rifles out there at 1/4 to 1/3 that price. I wouldn't pay that for a SCAR 20S even with all that's going on. Crazy.
You are correct, the entire current firearms & ammunition pricing situation is crazy and some would say out of control, but that's how the free market works. I would imagine that if FN continues producing the SCARS after Joe Kameltoe & His Jamacian/Indian Ho get into orifrice, then prices should drop some from the current "panic" levels but if those two retards push for any type of "Assault Weapons Bill", then $3900 won't touch even a stump broke SCAR, not to mention pristine or NIB models, which'll see $6K and higher. Some would disagree with you about paying $3900 for a SCAR 20S which has an MSRP of $4495. There are a few for sale just under that amount on Gunbroker but most are at or above that number. However, the 20S 6.5 Creemoor is still a Unicorn and almost unobtainable...

Reactions: ifspring

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are correct, the entire current firearms & ammunition pricing situation is crazy and some would say out of control, but that's how the free market works. I would imagine that if FN continues producing the SCARS after Joe Kameltoe & His Jamacian/Indian Ho get into orifrice, then prices should drop some from the current "panic" levels but if those two retards push for any type of "Assault Weapons Bill", then $3900 won't touch even a stump broke SCAR, not to mention pristine or NIB models, which'll see $6K and higher. Some would disagree with you about paying $3900 for a SCAR 20S which has an MSRP of $4495. There are a few for sale just under that amount on Gunbroker but most are at or above that number. However, the 20S 6.5 Creemoor is still a Unicorn and almost unobtainable...
6.5 creemoor ammo situation is even worse than 7.62x51. I guess before you are buying a gun of any caliber, make sure you have stocked enough ammo. Luckily before I bought my Petra 300 win mag rifle, I stocked up over 20k rounds of 300 win mag ammo when they were cheap. Now I don’t need to worry about cheapest price of $2/rd.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know lwrc ic a5 is nice piston 5.56 rifle but they are not cheap either.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
How many of you are staring at your scars contemplating to sell it now lol
If people are paying $3900 without any hesitation for a US made SCAR 16
I'm thinking a N.I.B Belgium should be worth $6000 to $7000 the thought of selling one of mine has crossed my mind a time or two! lol!
Not going to lie I passed on 7500 for my 17 after sandy hook from some jack off at the range. And that was before changing out triggers and having an optic and all the mags and sbr.
Heresy I say, heresy! Shame on both of you for even thinking of selling your SCARs. Must I remind the two of you, SCARs are rare gems, made of sunshine, gentle breezes and rain drops? Now, are we clear!?!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heresy I say, heresy! Shame on both of you for even thinking of selling your SCARs. Must I remind the two of you, SCARs are rare gems, made of sunshine, gentle breezes and rain drops? Now, are we clear!?!
I have both full length and sbr 17s. For 16s, I currently have a sbr 16s. I am still interested in getting a full size scar 16s.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Why not save some $$$ and get a 14" or 16" barrel for your 16s?

Reactions: Smurky

·
Banned
659 Posts
HUH?

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
I thought changing barrel back and forth frequently is not a good idea. I noticed those barrel extension screws are easy to break.
The SCAR was designed to change barrels as per SOCOM request.

Reactions: Smurky

·
Banned
659 Posts
I thought changing barrel back and forth frequently is not a good idea. I noticed those barrel extension screws are easy to break.
I've never had a problem going from 13" to 16" to 20" and back. Proper torque each time is all that's required to the captive screws...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those screws sometimes get cross threaded. Order some backup ones from Midwest gun works may not be a bad idea. I ordered 8 for backup.
i want a full length and sbr at the same time to match my 17s pair.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Those screws sometimes get cross threaded. Order some backup ones from Midwest gun works may not be a bad idea. I ordered 8 for backup.
i want a full length and sbr at the same time to match my 17s pair.
Correction, whoever is tightening those screws cross threads them. Attention to detail is a trait worth embracing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts