FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
fnforme said:
Is there anyone offering a service to improve the triggerpull of the FS2000?

I lubed mine with Graphite and shot it a bunch, that improved the trigger pull substantially.
If you need me to do that with yours let me know :D ..................DJ

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
agreed but the more i shoot my '90 the more i like the trigger:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need the springs OUT first; the it’s a matter of finding alternatives.
There is a collection of us who are not content with the status quo of 12lbs triggers and are going to do something about it! I think we can cut it down to about 6lbs and maintain safety. Here is the other link, watch for updates… http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=9806

·
Administrator
11,233 Posts
SPOOKEY_6D said:
I need the springs OUT first; the it’s a matter of finding alternatives.
There is a collection of us who are not content with the status quo of 12lbs triggers and are going to do something about it! I think we can cut it down to about 6lbs and maintain safety. Here is the other link, watch for updates… http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=9806
The caveat here is: Any unauthorized modification of your firearm will VOID your warrantee.

·
Registered
17 Posts
for you Outlaws...

Talked to FNH parts department today (800-635-1321 option #4)... they don't have a list of parts they will send you, you just have to tell them what you want and they tell you A) if you are allowed to have it. i.e. if it is a factory installation part or if they will sell it to you. and B) What the price is.

The "hammer pack" which is what they call the entire trigger control group (the white plastic group that slides out of the back) is $225, the piston is $35 and the firing pin is $95 ( I have the exact prices in the car but these are close)

Soooooo...... seeing how I already voided my warranty(making it way super cool!!!), (I also run with scissors, eat before I swim and pull my sisters hair) what I'll do is order up another trigger pack, keep it stock with no mods and jimmy the other till we get a reliable trigger pull that isn't more than my AK. BTW I shot my Bulgarian SLR-95 today (also NOT stock and voided the warranty "Oh noooooo!!!) and the former evil communist "Peoples Republic of 7.62x39mm” was more a pleasure to shoot than the FS2K...(almost as accurate) Damn commies!
Make a combat gun that doesn't jam and doesn't feel like you are climbing a chain link fence with your index finger!!! How dare they!!!

I will keep this updated. Give me time to get springs and range time...this is not my full time job... making non-factory modifications to my FS2K is!!!!! :p BTW I don’t call it reliable till I put 1,000rds through it. And yes, I know what the difference is between various types of malfunctions so I won’t call a light primer strike a problem caused by the moded trigger.
And yes mother, this is by no means meant as a test ground for multiple rounds per trigger pull. Full auto is worthless in AW anyway; you are far better off with accuracy, bullet placement and re-load speed and proper use of cover/concealment than standing in the street like Rambo.
I am interested in improving accuracy and therefore bullet placement.

"You kids be careful...you'll shoot your eye out!!!"

:-? :lol:

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Given the choice, I would grab a select-fire weapon over a semi-auto only variant any day. BTW, I like slicing the pie myself.

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have the select option. If you want to swap war stories can send my DD-214's and pictures. Trust me, you will do more damage on seni. Everyone has thier thing. there is a time and place but thinking as a civi, with limited ammo, limited TRAINED back-up, blah, blah blah....training on ANY system is what will keep you alive, not dumping rounds. Time and place, time and place.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
The only war I was in was trying to fight down the last helping of my mother-in-laws homemade Anisette cookies last Christmas! :-D

In the end I succumbed to my narcolepsy... :D

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Administrator
11,233 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
Given the choice, I would grab a select-fire weapon over a semi-auto only variant any day. BTW, I like slicing the pie myself.

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH
I agree. More options are better than NO options.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
What I dont get is that the trigger pull on my PS90 is so much smoother that my FS2K. THe FS2k feels scratchy. This wont be a problem if adrenaline is running through your veins a bit faster than the zombies, but why the big difference??

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
The finishes and angles on the mating surfaces, along with spring pressure and last but not least, the geometry between all the mating/moving parts.

In a nutshell: It's the nature of the beast... :-(

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
17 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43....

I got one of the after market trigger weight reducer deals in my PS90, it cut the trigger pull to about 3.5-4.5lbs. and its just smooth. Even the old guys you shoot bolt guns at the range think it's a good trigger for a bull pub. all it does is change the geometry of the srping to make it "feel" lighter (it might be, I don't have a guage) but it is what I call a comfortable trigger on a weapon like this. I'm going to look at them both in the morning and try to get some ideas...I think the FS2K is differnt though...something is a bit differnt, sear springs, the dual coil ones but I think it's set up differnt and the way to improove the PS90 pull would not work. BUT may help to think out of the box a bit... "Think out of the box" that and "It is what it is..." are two sayings that need to be taken out back of the barn and shot! :x

·
Registered
23 Posts
concerning trigger pull on fs2000

I took mine apart and the first thing I did was to polish the steel trigger bars with fine emery paper (500 grit), then I polished the bars with Simichrome polish. I reinstalled this and then carefully studied how the trigger pack works. I then disassembled it and took som 1000grit paper and polished every contact surface until it it was smooth. The factory finish on these parts is rough from the molding process. This will void the warranty but in my opinion was necessary to have any sort of accurate pull at all. Now the pull is sort of 2 stage: there is a rough take up and then the trigger stops moving. If I apply a little more pressure the gun will fire. I am very happy with the modification.

·
Banned
85 Posts
I used 600 than 1500 grit and gently sanded the surfaces that the two arms that slide under the trigger spring/pivot. I also sanded and polished the two side contacts until the trigger group moved more smoothly. After that I lubed the contact points on the two metal rods were they touch the body of the FS. The trigger also got a light coat of WS on all contact points.

With the rifle assembled I could here the trigger and rods rubbing as I squeezed the trigger. They move freely apart, but do offer a bit more resistance when pushing against the trigger control group.

I haven't put a gauge on it yet, but it does feel a little easier to use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pappy, you mentioned that after you worked on the trigger group, it feels like a it is now a two stage pull. Did it not feel that way before you worked the trigger group because my trigger pull feels like it's in two stages out of the box with no work on the trigger group.
Does anyone out there feel the two stage pull or is it just me? Or maybe after your work it feels more pronounced?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts