FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TORONTO — The slaughter of a man by a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus heading to Winnipeg was extensively covered by worldwide media Thursday.

The story was ranked No. 1 in popularity on the BBC News website and No. 2 on CNN's. It was given wide play by The Associated Press and other foreign news agencies, MSNBC, British and Australian newspapers and was a hot topic for bloggers on the Internet.

Passengers on the bus from Edmonton to Winnipeg said a man repeatedly stabbed his seatmate before beheading him and carrying the victim's head around the bus.

Shocked passengers described the horrific attack as incomprehensible. They had no explanation as to what might have prompted the attack. The suspect had been on the bus for only about an hour and didn't even sit near his victim at first.

Commenting on the story carried on CNN's website, one blogger remarked: "Decapitated on a Greyhound Bus, this sounds like something out of a Richard Laymon novel."

Another contributor said: "I found it scary seeing as how I used to take Greyhounds to Canada.

! I doubt I ever will again, especially now."

Some of the U.S. reaction seemed to imply the incident is a sign of weakness in Canadian character.

"Canadians are wussies," one opined.

"Way to exit the vehicle you panzies (sic). Yesterday when someone opened up shop with a 12 guauge (sic) shotgun in the Pennsylvania he got rushed by multiple people as he was still firing shots."

Other readers were also disturbed by what they saw as a lack of action on the part of the passengers on the bus to stop the killing.

One wrote: "37 people didn't have anything to throw at him? 37 people couldn't have over powered one guy with a knife?"

"Isn't this the same mentality that allowed 2 or 3 idiots with box cutters to take out the Twin Towers?"

A comment on Blogger News Network compared the incidents to the notorious Kitty Genovese case.

"They all 'watched' and the bus driver had to ask a trucker to help him keep the guy in the bus."

"No handguns allowed in Canada, we know. But no woman had a purse to bonk him on the head?"

"No one bothered to throw a can of diet Coke at the guy's head? Who was on the bus? The Old Ladies' Home and Gardening Society?"

The Mo'Kelly Report website carried the story and a comment from a reader who insisted the incident was a terrorist act.

"Winnipeg is only a few miles from the U.S. border."

"The idea was to get as close to the U.S. as he could, if not get into the U.S., then engage in the attack in front of a busload of people. This was another act of radical Islamic terrorism on North American soil."

"Beheading is the trademark of al-Qaeda."

Graphic passenger accounts of the violence on board the bus made headlines overseas.

"Killer taunts police with decapitated head," wrote the Sunday Times of Australia.

Thai media outlet Thaindian.com's headline read "Beheading on bus shocks Canada, canibalism feared" while Britain's Sky News wrote "Bus slasher beheads passenger."

This is funny - "Canadians are wussies," :x :x :x :x

·
Registered
630 Posts
un armed I don't know if I would want to take on a man with a knife, but even when I am asleep I am well armed

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
coldair said:
un armed I don't know if I would want to take on a man with a knife, but even when I am asleep I am well armed
I always carry a knife with me, so I am always armed to an extent. Trouble is, knife fighting on a bus probably wouldn't work too well. I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation. Probably would depend on where they were and where I was.

If they were in the back row of the bus, you can't get behind them, and trying to stop the crazed guy from the front is just asking for more casualties.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it must have been unusual and kind of shocking see to see the guy carrying the victim's head around the bus.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I just don't understand why the cops don't just say the tax payer the money and cap him. Anyone walking around with a guys head and a knife, is dead meat if you ask me.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
And they say Canadians aren't crazy ehh?! Maybe the thought he was Hannibal Lecter :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sadly, I can't imagine that many of our typical modern "Americans" fellow citizens would have stepped in and done anything either. 50% would have just stood and watched like helpless children, 25% would have whipped out their cell phone to start shooting video for You Tube, and 25% would be searching on their iPod looking for a grief counselor. And even before the first LE arrived all would have joined into a circle to light candles for peace and hope for change in the world.

Where have all the Audie Murphys gone? :cry:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I would have been arrested for shooting him

break the law and carry a gun illegaly or hope nothing bad ever happens
I know what mike would do, double tap to the center of mass and a quick follow up to the orbitals to stop the threat

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I don't know about Canadian civilians, but their army is doing an awesome job in Afghanistan. They are good fighters. I bet if you had a canadian infantryman on that bus he would have killed that perp in short order. - eh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts