FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a little Ruger 10 22 SbR. I have shot thousands of rounds through it with very little trouble. All the sudden it will not shoot right. Stove pipes, failure to eject,and jamming on feed ramp. I have tried cci Mini Mag, MagTek, federal bulk pack, Winchester hollow points, all of them fail. I have shot over 600 rounds trying to diagnose it. Thorough cleaning, swapped charging handle,swap bolt, and have used six different magazines still have failures. problem started last week I just left the range today and I am very frustrated. I do not know what else to try. But have wasted precious ammo trying to diagnose it shooting at boring paper target at gun range. any advice would be helpful but I am at wit's end pictures of failure to follow. my favorite little gun to shoot is giving me fits.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last week failures to extract seem to be the main issue. Swapped bolt which contains the extractor and now the thing that seems to happen the most is stove pipes but failures of all sorts happening. Have owned half a dozen 10/22 `s and have never experienced this. Also want to note it has a custom bull barrel but it it's the same one I have always had on there with no problems. Thousands of rounds and virtually no problems and now this, so frustrated

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spring is part of charging Handle. Either all my ammo got tainted with moisture which I doubt or it it's possessed lol. I am willing to try anything heck I shoot it more than any other gun and spent over a grand building it

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guess I could take it to a gun Smith down the road here....... such a simple little gun I feel I should be able to fix it myself

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Guess I could take it to a gun Smith down the road here....... such a simple little gun I feel I should be able to fix it myself

when in doubt take it to an expert. peace of mind is everything but nothing can replace your sanity. drop it off, you may find you would have saved the $ in the 600 of 22lr ammo you spent trying to figure out problem.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Try to degrease everything and use a dry lube (Sentry Solutions smooth-kote + bp-2000) on the entire bolt and interior walls of the receiver instead of oil, and a light recoil spring (like a KIDD charging handle, with exchangeable springs.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are running a silencer I would say the chamber could be dirty if the rounds are not going all the way into the chamber. I don't think it is the ejector since the primary ejector is on the magazine.
Also check the barrel retaining screws.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts