FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to start reloading, but no one has any in stock. I need small rifle primers that will work for reloading .223. Could someone please spare a few?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
12,301 Posts
Trying to start reloading, but no one has any in stock. I need small rifle primers that will work for reloading .223. Could someone please spare a few?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Try here:

Powder Valley, Inc.

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

Graf & Sons - Primers

Primers | Reloading Components at Sinclair Inc

Put your name on the "notify me list" if you have not done so.

You can also try local gun clubs as they usually have re-loaders or know where items can be found.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Here in Connecticut
there is nothing but dust on the shelves

wally's empty and even cabelas seems bare

no reloading anything...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The problem with buying/shipping primers is you pay $27.50 for up to 25 pounds for hazmat. If you are buying 1000 primers ($30-40) the cost almost doubles because of the shipping charges. Even sending 200-300 primers you still have to pay the same $27.50. I have had much better luck finding them locally and not paying the expensive shipping.

I did order 2000 from Wideners on 12/19/12 (along with a bunch of bullets and powder) and I am still waiting for my order. They were in stock when I ordered them, and they have said that my order will be filled. I think that from here on out I am going to stock up locally and not worry about the wait for order shipping, and the shipping fees. I have several local places to get them, and I am just going to keep a years worth on hand all the time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I scored 20k wolf small magnum rifle primers at Graf and Sons two days ago at $85/5000.... their inventory actually lasted about 10 hours even after I posted the link in AR15.com's general discussion forum... God only knows how many were sold.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Loook around locally, small ma and pa stores, reloading stores, etc. I have a plentiful supply around me...all in places not well traveled. I bought up 1K CCI 500 for $39 the other day. My small rifle magnum primers are still running around $40 per 1K...just have to bust out the google, yellow pages, and fuel up the vic and roll out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.