FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here on the forum and just took ownership of my 16s.

Reading the following stickie --- http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-16s/18100-check-all-your-mags-especially-pmags-but-check-all-mags.html

I can see some posted photos at the end of the thread but i cannot see the photos on the first few posts. All i see is a big square where the image should be === Please update your account to enable third party hosting. FOR IMPORTANT INFO, PLEASE GO TO Your access to 3rd party hosting is temporarily disabled.. That link wants me to pay a fee to use Photobucket to host photos.

I have tried both my home internet and the public library internet. Both act the same --- I see images on Page 20/Last. I do not see images in on page one.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
This is because Photobucket was once free. When they started charging for their hosting, they cut off all hosted pictures unluss the account holder paid Photobucket to continue hosting their pictures.

I used to use Photobucket but deleted all my uploads and closed the account as I will not be blackmailed to pay for something that was offered free.

I now use a different hosting. However many of the pictures previously posted by members are no longer visible because of Photobucket, not the forum and we have no control over this

·
Administrator
339 Posts
Hi,

The Photobucket ordeal has caused a lot of problems regarding image posting. The extension mentioned by @bayonet14 will make these images appear again however this is a temporary fix. The most future-proof method of posting images as it stands is uploading them directly. Let us know if you have any questions.

Fergus

·
Administrator
339 Posts
Hey kansas,

How are you trying to post pics - are you uploading them using the Insert Image icon within Quick Reply, or when using the Go Advanced option using the attachment tools? Where are you uploading your image(s) from? On what device/browser are you using? Have you tried on another device/browser? What file types/size are your images? Are you seeing an error message when you attempt this and if so, what does it say?

The more details you can give us, the better we can assist you.

Thanks,
Nate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts