FN Herstal Firearms banner

Can't Get A hold of the ATF to Check the Status of a NFA Item?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Shap 
#1 ·
They have changed how they answer calls now, use to when you called in you would get someone to answer immediately but now when you call you have to go through their automated directory. But when you hit the number to check the status of a form 1 or 4 there is no option to check the status. WTF note this the 304-616-4500 number.

#6 ·
Yeah, I was checking on a refund last week. I tried nearly a dozen times before I actual caught someone. But weather is a prime suspect also.

#12 ·
They may have been in a state of emergency but I received my declined eform 1 at 12:30 yesterday afternoon and called and left a message a women called me back less then 30 minutes and then passed me off to the examiner that declined it and I spoke directly to him so they absolutely were there yesterday.

#13 ·
I don't think they field questions anymore. At least not in regards to form status. I used to call all the time for stuff, give serial number and get an update. I called several times last week and it goes to a message saying to leave a voicemail if it's been over 6 months. They never even had an automated system before. This stinks! Last two suppressors I knew they were approved before my dealer because my dealer sucks for follow up and communications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.