FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has bought a PBR with a (i know cheap) BSA Mildot Scope. I cannot depress the scope enough to hit the paper at 100 yards. I'm talking about 8' over the target.

On Bore Sighting the rifle at 30' in my house. the bore is 4" above the aim point with the scope fully depressed(Scope is approx: 70 moa top to bottom) I belive this rifle has a 20 moa base but this is ridiculus. What am I missing or is it just the junky scope?

I am new to this only having ever sited in hunting rifles for 200 yards or under.

Thanks
Ignorant

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a junk scope buy a nice nikon or something that BSA most likely does not have enough internal adjustment to fully over come the rail. Once you start trying to use it the tracking will most likely be horrible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tom Slick said:
My son has bought a PBR with a (i know cheap) BSA Mildot Scope. I cannot depress the scope enough to hit the paper at 100 yards. I'm talking about 8' over the target.

On Bore Sighting the rifle at 30' in my house. the bore is 4" above the aim point with the scope fully depressed(Scope is approx: 70 moa top to bottom) I belive this rifle has a 20 moa base but this is ridiculus. What am I missing or is it just the junky scope?

I am new to this only having ever sited in hunting rifles for 200 yards or under.

Thanks
Ignorant
70 MOA is what? 280 or 560 clicks? Depending upon whether you have 1/4" or 1/8" per click. With a 20 MOA base it was probably set up for long range, so it's going to shoot high at short range. But like you said the math would point to not being on target even without the added base angle. Also check the rings to be sure one is not taller than the other or has even more elevation in the ring inserts (if any).
Is there any way to lose the 20MOA base? At 200 yards you shouldn't need it.

By all means try a different scope. But I wouldn't think that any scope could be that far off and still be operable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
10bucks says less than 70 moa and that makes it hard to over come the base he would be better off saving his money for a nice nikon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try reversing the rings both front/back and horizontally. Sometimes just remounting it makes all the difference.

--Fargo007

1 - 6 of 6 Posts