FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new FNP-9 last week. I should've inspected it before purchase more closely. The rear sight is canted slightly, and the front sight seems to be canted to accomodate the rear. I took it shooting, and I like how the gun feels. I only shot at tin cans with some friends, but it seemed fairly accurate, as much as tin can plinking can reflect accuracy. Still it was annoying to sight the pistol and cant the gun just slightly in my hand. I don't want to send it back to FN or pay a gunsmith after just buying the gun. Can I adjust the sights myself, or is that foolish.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well - they (FN) might cover shipping for U. Or, U could buy a set of Ameriglo night sights for it - and have a local smith put them in for U.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What do you mean by canted? Do you mean that they're not perfectly center in the dovetail? If that is the case, then it is an easy fix. Move both sights in opposite directions until the cant goes away. I bet the shop you bought the gun at would do it for free and it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I don't mean that it is offcenter. I mean that the rear sight is canted as you look at it as if you were sighting in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts