FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up a car-15 sp1 serial number sp1030xx. I think it was manufactured in 1973? It's in approx 99% condition with no alternations. What is this worth?

thanks!!

jeff

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Need good pics, inside and outside.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I had a setup just like this (scope and all) back in the 80's, but I sold it. I sure would like to have another, but check out the price on this one. :evil:

http://www.isoldmygun.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=893550001

I don't think he will get that price for it. But you never know. Those little scopes are selling for 3 to 4 hundred bucks by themselves!

If yours is in excellent shape, it would be worth 15 to 18 hundred to me, scope and all. 12 to 15 hundred without scope. But that is just me. Others may pay more just because it says Colt on it. Are you interested in trades?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sp1 value

Thanks for the link!! Mine doesn't have the scope or box. But it's in great shape. I've got the photo's now and will post after I get my bike ride in. Sadly, I mis-read the serial number. It's SER.SP103006. I thought the 1 after the SP meant sp1. But, it means SP103006. My bad.

thanks again,

jeff

·
Registered
412 Posts
They had one at the local gun shop with no scope about 80% condition for $975.00

But for this money you can buy a new Stag, DPMS, etc. that are better made.

Anyway Congrats on getting one you will have fun with it.
Hope you got a good deal. :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sp1 value

I think I got a pretty good deal on it. The guy I got it from bought it new in about 1980. (He didn't tell me this till today) he said he shot 20 rounds through it and "put it up". He called me late last week and asked if I'd sell it for him. When I asked him how much he wanted he said " just sell it and get what you can for it." All I read says that it's totally unrealiable." So, I've been trying to figure out what to give him for it. I think I'm settling on 1,000.00. I've put it in the safe and my sig556's didn't eat it. So, I guess I'll keep it.

thanks for all your help!!

jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts