FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find any? Someone wants some on there CAR-15 copy and I myself am going to get some for the same thing as well. I used to see them all over but I lost my hard drive and all my gun links.

Not the wooden lakeside ones... It would become my goal in life to catch them on fire with rapid fire. :p

Please dont make me have to go to the AR-15 forums... I left long ago and swore to never go back.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I'll help you find some. If you'll let me know if you run across a stripped SP1 Colt lower receiver or any small pin stripped Colt lower for that matter. I needs my precious... :D

TA

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a hard one to find...

I can find SP1 uppers all day but lowers are hardly ever found stripped anymore.

Il keep an eye out for one.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
That's what I figured. In that case, if you see a deal on any small pin Colt lower, please let me know. I prefer stripped. But beggers can't be choosers. :( The cheaper the better.

I have enough parts to build another AR, all I need is a lower. I'd like it to be a Colt if I can find a deal.

I might know where some triangles are. How many sets do you need?

TA

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two or three... or I may just get one for him since I have other guns on my list to build for now.

Ordering a 5.45X39 AK for myself right now because of the price of the ammo :D As if I needed another rifle.. I just got my FA2k less than a week ago another AR-15 lower and another M-44 in the past two weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just like that but.. for a carbine much shorter. Those are for full size A1 rifles. I have a few of those sets in a box next to me

This was one of the sites I was looking for anyways thanks!

er cant link there pics. Its the very top picture here.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as50-e.htm

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I spoke to a man that you can contact. Here is his reply to my request for you. If you do not know him already, he is a very stand up guy. One of the nicest guys you'll meet. He's willing to make you some. Read his offer below. I'll PM you his contact info.

"Jeff,

I can make the carbine triangular handguards if they send me a two sets of rifle length triangle handguards. I make one for them and keep a set of handguards for me as payment. If I screw up one of theirs, I use the second and it costs me.

The problem is the rear handguard cap. There are three sources.

Original manufacture: chances are slim to none and looking at almost $200 if you find an original

Hays River Trading: Made reproductions in the 1980s, can be found every now and then and run $45-70.

Total Silence, Inc. : Out of stock, but supposedly making another run late this summer.

Feel free to have anyone contact me that is interested. I am easy to get along with."

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ALOT! I appreciate that, I have a few months to do this project but I will get around to this sooner now. :)

I was expecting it to take forever to track some down..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts