FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone actively carrying the FNS? It's seem nice, but it's a good sized chunk of a gun. Especially in height, it seem significantly bigger than a Glock 19.

If you are, what's your carry rig?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I would love an FNS or FNX right now i carry a Ruger SR40C. From what I hear many people carry Glock G19s regularly. I think i can carry the FN's (AIWB) very well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carry the FNS-40 on a daily basis. I have two holsters that I mainly use. I have a fobus that is made for the Glock 30 that fits perfectly, and I also have a G-Code INCOG holster that I prefer. I love it and I have never had any issues carrying the FNS. I am looking at getting a G22 or G23 for my next purchase, and plan to carry that, too. I checked just yesterday on a side by side comparison of the Glock 22 Gen 4 and the FNS-40 and they are almost identical on the grip length. Either way, they are both easily concealable!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I carry my fns40 daily. I have a safariland owb belt clip holster for open carry and cold weather, and an alien gear iwb for concealed. The aliengear takes some getting used to but i like it.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you doing AIWB with the INCOG? That seems to be what it's designed for.

I carry the FNS-40 on a daily basis. I have two holsters that I mainly use. I have a fobus that is made for the Glock 30 that fits perfectly, and I also have a G-Code INCOG holster that I prefer. I love it and I have never had any issues carrying the FNS. I am looking at getting a G22 or G23 for my next purchase, and plan to carry that, too. I checked just yesterday on a side by side comparison of the Glock 22 Gen 4 and the FNS-40 and they are almost identical on the grip length. Either way, they are both easily concealable!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any issues with the grip printing with the Aliengear? Do you carry it at the normal 4 o'clock-ish position (assuming you're a righty)?

I carry my fns40 daily. I have a safariland owb belt clip holster for open carry and cold weather, and an alien gear iwb for concealed. The aliengear takes some getting used to but i like it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Realistically, the size aspect is more in your head than anything. The FNS is a G19 slide with a G17 grip. It isn't hard to conceal at all. For the most part, it's even shorter in the grip than all the 1911s that a lot of guys insist on packing around on an everyday basis.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is true (the G17 size grip.) But the G17 is considered a duty/home defense type weapon, not a concealed carry gun. Glock makes two sizes down from that for concealed carry. I'd like to see FN do the same thing.

Realistically, the size aspect is more in your head than anything. The FNS is a G19 slide with a G17 grip. It isn't hard to conceal at all. For the most part, it's even shorter in the grip than all the 1911s that a lot of guys insist on packing around on an everyday basis.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have any issues with the grip printing with the Aliengear? Do you carry it at the normal 4 o'clock-ish position (assuming you're a righty)?
The only issue i have is with my jeans. I wear 20X and Cinch and they have a different number of loops which makes it hard to position it. Mostly i carry at 4:30 to 5. I know it's a bad habit for small of back, but 5:00 leaves no shadow of doubt in my mind about concealment. In the prescribed position it will sometimes print the tip of the handle. If needed, I'll take a pic of my cant and give you an idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear a lot about Aliengear. People seem to like it. I like that it uses screws instead of rivets (a la Crossbreed) so you can adjust tension and swap the Kydex shells.

I use an Alien Gear IWB at about 430 position and it works well, very comfortable

·
Registered
519 Posts
I hear a lot about Aliengear. People seem to like it. I like that it uses screws instead of rivets (a la Crossbreed) so you can adjust tension and swap the Kydex shells.
Absolutely.
Like I said before, you can pay more but you won't necessarily get more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been carrying the FNS9 for a year now. Have two holsters, a Bladetech Nano, Fits great and I typically use that during the winter months at 3oclock 0 cant angle. I also have the gcode that I have been experimenting with. Appendix carry doesn't work for me, but 4:30 with the standard 10/15 degree cant is nice. My wife can't ever tell when I am carrying unless I tell her.

·
Registered
519 Posts
For me, the grip length isn't an issue.
The grip thickness is, however.
My Sig 1911 is longer in both length and grip, but conceals much better than my FNS-9.

IMG_4013a.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I carry my FNS-40 daily. My current favorite (when untucked shirts can be worn) is the AlienGear holster. I found mine on ebay for $29, and it feels comfortable and secure. Love the mount options.
I am a shorter guy (5'8") with 'love handles' and it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable or impede my draw at all.

YMMV.

I am open for suggestions on a good, comfortable TUCKABLE holster for dress clothes, if anyone has any.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts