FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is aimed primarily to those members who own a California-legal, modified PS90 though by all means all posts are welcome. I bought a PS90 yesterday and while I wait the 10 days to pick it up I am trying to get everything ready to take possession. I already have gotten ammo and extra 10 round mags but I'm not sure about what case to get for it. I have seen the ones made for it by Assault Systems and Elite Survival Systems but I'm concerned they won't fit my PS90 due to the extended barrel we are required to have to comply with California laws. Preferably, I think I'd like a case which is more or less built with my type PS90 and the PS90 mags in mind. Does anyone have any experience with the longer profile fitting those cases or have suggestions on another option?
Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
what's the CA legal length barrel? 18 inches? I already thought the 16" length was ridiculous already. that aside, maybe look at AR/AK cases, plenty of those around and sounds like that's what the CA PS90 should be approaching in size with the artifical CA sizing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got a Bulldog ballistic nylon from Brownells. The PS 90 fits very well with little wasted space. It has two layers so I have the PS-90 in one and the top layer I use to carry spare magazines, paper targets, cleaning supplies, etc. Downside is although it has apace for two magazines there is nothing to keep them from sliding out so I will be adding my own Velcro straps. The case also has carry handle and a ring to connect the shoulder strap but using the shoulder strap is clumsy at best. Oh, cost: The price for the case is in the neighborhood of $30.00 plus or minus a few (way less a $40.00) delivered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a 36" blackhawk rifle case from riflegear. It fits the ps90 cali mod fine. Havent, tried to see the mag holder. Will try it out, as well as anything else you want, when I can. Let me know. Blackhawk Sportster Tactical Rifle Case 36" Black Nylon
Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem with it is I live in an apartment and am looking for something more discreet. I'm looking at a couple options but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger and buy one without seeing better pictures to know if it will work for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WO47K4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Amazon.com : Bulldog Cases Extreme Rectangle Discreet Black Assault Rifle Case (35-Inch) : Soft Rifle Cases : Sports & Outdoors

I particularly like the first one for the bug out scenario. It looks like the rifle would fit nicely enough in either but I'm unsure about the spare magazines. I've been trying to find a pic of either with a CA-version PS90 in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what's the CA legal length barrel? 18 inches? I already thought the 16" length was ridiculous already. that aside, maybe look at AR/AK cases, plenty of those around and sounds like that's what the CA PS90 should be approaching in size with the artifical CA sizing.
The barrel extension just mounts over the barrel end with a couple of set screws to increase the length over CA's required 30"s. It looks like I have a silencer on the end of the barrel. I'll live with it until I can move out of CA at some point in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.