FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I went to a HiCal gun show at the George R. Brown center here in Houston yesterday (still havent gone to bed) and its been a long time since ive been to a gun show. So I go by this table and see a PS90 with that long barrel. Im 20 yrs old and was just wondering when i turn 21 will i be able to legally purchase a (forgive my teminology) PS90 with the shorter barrel? Essentially I want a semi auto P90, ya know black stock with the short barrel because i do not want to modify the barrel by cutting it. Now the reason im asking the question like this is my friend told me that its technically considered a pistol (barrel length wise) so that would be legal right? On another note out of the whole gun show I saw 3 PS90 2 green and one black and they 2 brand new ones were running $1,420 and this other guy was $1,600 for the black one, just a recent price update to see if there coming down. Also Im really happy to hear that houston SWAT is using P90 so hopefully the 5.7 ammo will catch on quick so the rifle price will come down. Really i have to give the site admin a pat on the back because when i came home i told my self im gonna learn all i can about this weapon and ive been cruising your site for about 4 hours spongin all the info, which brings up a quick Q not to brag but i have near perfect vision and im wondering when* i buy a P90 type firearm do you folks recomend or is it even possible to get a semi auto TR model to bypass the weird factory sights? i know its a long post but i didnt want to make like 5 dif threads.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
aaron_768 said:
First of all I went to a HiCal gun show at the George R. Brown center here in Houston yesterday (still havent gone to bed) and its been a long time since ive been to a gun show. So I go by this table and see a PS90 with that long barrel. Im 20 yrs old and was just wondering when i turn 21 will i be able to legally purchase a (forgive my teminology) PS90 with the shorter barrel? Essentially I want a semi auto P90, ya know black stock with the short barrel because i do not want to modify the barrel by cutting it. Now the reason im asking the question like this is my friend told me that its technically considered a pistol (barrel length wise) so that would be legal right? On another note out of the whole gun show I saw 3 PS90 2 green and one black and they 2 brand new ones were running $1,420 and this other guy was $1,600 for the black one, just a recent price update to see if there coming down. Also Im really happy to hear that houston SWAT is using P90 so hopefully the 5.7 ammo will catch on quick so the rifle price will come down. Really i have to give the site admin a pat on the back because when i came home i told my self im gonna learn all i can about this weapon and ive been cruising your site for about 4 hours spongin all the info, which brings up a quick Q not to brag but i have near perfect vision and im wondering when* i buy a P90 type firearm do you folks recomend or is it even possible to get a semi auto TR model to bypass the weird factory sights? i know its a long post but i didnt want to make like 5 dif threads.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pat.

1. PS90TR will be available to the civilian soon.
2. You may be able to purchase one after 21 provided you are not a felon etc.
3. You will have to register the firearm with ATF BEFORE you obtain and mount the short barrel
4. You WILL have to properly remove OR cut the original barrel

have fun,

-TH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts