FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing throw levers on my 3 Leupy's, and wanted to share a comparison between the to models that I went with. By default, I went with MGM Switchviews on the Mark 4 & VXR. These throw levers are designed to fit a multitude of scope models, so the fit is less then perfect. While fitting tight and functioning without issue, a 2.5 mm gap is present at the bolt junction. The other throw lever is an OEM Leupold designed specifically for the Mark 6, so it is a perfect fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Besides the fit of the Leupold I like the smaller lever. My MK VI 3-18 turns easy whereas the MK VI 1-6 is much more difficult to turn but is a newer scope and haven't used it much. Thanks 00, overall how do you like them and know it's always difficult to put a price to it but is the Leupold worth the addl $$$?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Besides the fit of the Leupold I like the smaller lever. My MK VI 3-18 turns easy whereas the MK VI 1-6 is much more difficult to turn but is a newer scope and haven't used it much. Thanks 00, overall how do you like them and know it's always difficult to put a price to it but is the Leupold worth the addl $$$?
The MGM and Leupold are functionally the same, providing enough leverage to make a world of difference in speed and ease of operation. The fit and finish of the Leupold justifies the $95 price difference over the MGM. I will be devising a spacer to fill in the gap in the MGM units, it is definitely a weak link in the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts