FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new here. Finally picked up a 17, I've read many articles and threads covering these but still can't decide. Please weigh in with pros/cons or each and which you'd buy.

Or if you have any other suggestions.

No mods yet but number one is a geissele. I have a bunch of pmags so I'd really like to get a lower that has sr25 pattern.

Optic is Trijicon tr24 in larue mount.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What do you recommend?
Most here are waiting for the Stryker SEAL to ship
Should be soon.
Handl reports have been mixed,
HDD not yet shipping
Cav are in stock, but has no real reports . I am playing with one and will write a report after my SEAL shows up :) and I can compare them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
@ JonM Your recent posts, pics, and explanations have been very helpful to me. Thank you for your efforts. I must refrain from further comment due to legal reasons. However, I can say I think you should wait for reviews of the lower produced by SS before making any decision. I will add this, if you are thinking of "trying something out", some companies offer a 100% guarantee, some actually honor it. Research your decision thoroughly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in no hurry but have a limited amount of fn mags. I'm certain they will do for now. Looking for a qd rear mount also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most here are waiting for the Stryker SEAL to ship
Should be soon.
Handl reports have been mixed,
HDD not yet shipping
Cav are in stock, but has no real reports . I am playing with one and will report after my SEAL shows up :)
Is there a place I can pre order the SEAL?

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Is there a place I can pre order the SEAL?

To get on the waiting list (no deposit required), please send an email with the subject line "S.E.A.L." to: [email protected]

Manufacturing products that stand on their own merit is what Stryker Enterprises does, and this includes the SCAR E.A.C.H. which has proven itself on the two way range by NSW Operators during combat operations.

-SS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To get on the waiting list (no deposit required), please send an email with the subject line "S.E.A.L." to: [email protected]

Manufacturing products that stand on their own merit is what Stryker Enterprises does, and this includes the SCAR E.A.C.H. which has proven itself on the two way range by NSW Operators during combat operations.

-SS
Done. Thanks!!

Now if I can find a geissele

·
Registered
609 Posts
@ JonM Your recent posts, pics, and explanations have been very helpful to me. Thank you for your efforts. I must refrain from further comment due to legal reasons. However, I can say I think you should wait for reviews of the lower produced by SS before making any decision. I will add this, if you are thinking of "trying something out", some companies offer a 100% guarantee, some actually honor it. Research your decision thoroughly.
i don't always word things the right way i mean them. i'm not a professional just a shooter and rifle enthusiast. but i like to share my experiences. im also something of an impulse buyer at times. and it gets me in trouble... as you have seen heh

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Done. Thanks!!

Now if I can find a geissele
You are on the right track, with the mixed reviews of lowers out there now I would wait for the SEAL. I have 100% confidence that when Stryker launches his product it will be good to go. That peace of mind is worth more than instant gratification of a competing lower that may or may not perform up to expectations. Otherwise, buy the OEM mags and be content.

Search geissele on this forum and you will find a couple recent good deals.

Reactions: STL

·
Registered
609 Posts
You are on the right track, with the mixed reviews of lowers out there now I would wait for the SEAL. I have 100% confidence that when Stryker launches his product it will be good to go. That peace of mind is worth more than instant gratification of a competing lower that may or may not perform up to expectations. Otherwise, buy the OEM mags and be content.

Search geissele on this forum and you will find a couple recent good deals.
If I had known of the seal.project at the time I would have waited. Hindsight as they say, doesn't use bifocals...

·
Registered
372 Posts
What's wrong with the original lower on the SCAR? Other than unable to take P-mags, why do so many folks want to replace it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts