FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know holsters have been beat to death here however I did not find what I was looking for here nor from searching the web. I found one article here on carrying an FNP in a left hand holster which is related to my question. Here is the reference: http://fnforum.net/forums/fnp-accessories/14725-another-holster-idea.html

Alright, what about me being a right hand shooter but using an OWB holster for left hand people? I'm talking about butt first though, barrel canted towards the ground? Does anyone know of example like this? Thoughts on why this would be a bad idea? I've only tested it with a dummy gun (airsoft) but it's comfortable for me like that and I think it would be easier to conceal too, under a jacket.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am using a Blackhawk Serpa paddle and have no problems concealing it under a untucked shirt. I dont think I would like the reverse draw from a left hand holster as it would point the barrel at me on a draw.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm right handed. I don't do cavalry draw. But I do do cross-draw. I carry the pistol on my left hip and I can draw the pistol with either my strong hand. Or my left hand. It's comfortable and great for sitting in vehicles. It's more instinctive too, since I use a shoulder holster sometimes.

Like anything else. It takes practice. Whether cross-draw, cav draw, strongside, small of the back, etc. It takes practice so you're not muzzling everyone when you draw the pistol. I've seen some examples of people that cross-draw that swing their arms out wildly and it looks like they're flailing around around something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm right handed. I don't do cavalry draw. But I do do cross-draw. I carry the pistol on my left hip and I can draw the pistol with either my strong hand. Or my left hand. It's comfortable and great for sitting in vehicles. It's more instinctive too, since I use a shoulder holster sometimes.

Like anything else. It takes practice. Whether cross-draw, cav draw, strongside, small of the back, etc. It takes practice so you're not muzzling everyone when you draw the pistol. I've seen some examples of people that cross-draw that swing their arms out wildly and it looks like they're flailing around around something.
Thanks for the reply. Have you found a comfortable holster for your left hip? I've seen some online but I have not tried any in person yet (examples: Side Armor, Blade Tech, Alien Gear, etc.).

Practice is good in everything you do. I know what you're talking about lol regarding people who flag everyone with their weapon too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts