FN Herstal Firearms banner

CCW/CCH

6K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  GunNut 
#1 ·
Who here has CCH permits (concealed carry permits)?

Some states simply require a background check and ya pay a few dollars. Here in TX, we have to do that, but also take a class and pass a shooting test. U also have to do this for every renewal. That gets old. In another few months, I have to go take the class for the 4th time. I'm tired of hearing all the same common sense stuff over and over...

#3 ·
Must be nice :p

But, overall, we don't have too many limitations here in TX. A "no guns" sign can be ignored by someone with a CHL. A "proper" sign must be hung - english and spanish, with 1" letters, with a long paragraph that mentions the exact statute and other required language.

When the law first came into effect in 1996, I saw more of those signs than I do now. I only typically see them at the hospital and a handful of banks now.

#9 ·
I only carry it when I need something quite small, with enough firepower.

I like the concept of the P99, but it would really rock with a longer barrel ;-)

Oh, and when I carry it, it's with an additional Pocket on the belt (tubular object inside)

#10 ·
Reaper said:
I don't really need a permit, as I am LEO. But I carry different handguns.

On Duty: SIG P226
Off Duty: Springfield P9
Sometimes: P99 or Sphinx AT-2000
Not that I hate Glocks, but it is nice to see someone in LEO carry a Sig.

FM

#11 ·
I went to city hall and got it when i turned 21. Every 4 years it costs me 46.00 That was 12 years ago. so that =138.00$ so far

I carry a S&W 4013 tac or a S&W 640PD lite weight .357 depends where i am going

#12 ·
When I lived in WA state getting a permit was easy and simple.

I usually carry my old Sig P220 .45 back then and sometimes carry my Walther PPK .380 for backup.

Then I moved to Kali and it's the opposite there, no chance in getting a permit there.

Now I moved out of Kali and it's easy to get the permit exept got to take a class but after you get the permit your NICS fee of any firearm you buy is free as long as your permit is current.

#13 ·
Idaho
FBI background check (cant remember how much but less than 50.00$),Proof of firearms safety training( I used my dd214), 20.00$ first license and 12.00$ every 4 years for renewal.12.00 includes updated FBI check.

#16 ·
CCW in COLORADO here. :)

CO CCW is one of the most flexable CCW out there. I can goto the restaurant that sells more than 75% alcohol in terms of revenue. Church is okay (but i prefer not to). Liquor store is fine as well.

As long as, it isn't K-12 school, or Universities that does not allows CCW. Also places that prohibits by federal law.

We do not need to tell LEO that we got CCW, but I prefer telling them. They were more than nice to me when I told LEO that I have CCW.

#17 ·
I do.
I'm a former CCDW instructor here in Kentucky.

We also have to take a written and shooting test, pass a background check etc. Fee is $60 for 5 years. Our license also allows us to carry auto knives, numchucks, and "other" weapons concealed.

We have reciprocity with over 30 States at this time.

#18 ·
Count me in too. I had to leave it in the car today when we got to the State Park though. (We rode the train from Rusk to Palestine and back) I wish we could get rid of these "gun free" zones.

TA

#22 ·
I've been very temped to get my C&C, but then I would want to carry. And then some person would do something really stupid. And then my social Darwinism streak would come out and well...

So to save all that hassle I choose not to get it. Though, soon I may have to get it just to drive around with my firearms in my vehicle. Oh the dilemma...

FM

#24 ·
I got mine some time october last year. I wish Ohio had more reciprocity states than it does, especially since I'm going to be travelling a lot for the next couple months. Texas is a big one I'd like though, I've got a friends wedding to go to in October, I need either a texas or florida permit for that.

#25 ·
Utah?

It is my understanding that of all the states, Utah has the largest reciprocity and you can get one if you are an out of state resident.

Can anyone verify this?

FM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.