FN Herstal Firearms banner

If you carry concealed, what mode of carry do you prefer most?

• Outside the Waistband (OWB)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inside the Waistband (IWB)

• Shoulder Carry

• Deep Conceal (ala Smart Carry/Thunderwear, Belly Band, Underwear holster etc.)

• Pocket or Vest Carry

• Off Body or Bag Carry (Maxpedition, Purse, Fanny Pack) etc

• Ankle Holster

CCW Preference Poll & a Crossbreed SuperTuck FNP-45 ques

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Art SC 
#1 ·
I have a new FNP-45 and understand that Crossbreed can make a SuperTuck for it. I emailed them earlier to ask, but have not received a reply as yet. I imagine they're pretty busy these days.

Anyway, the main reason I'm asking is simply because this .45 is a much larger and thicker weapon than the other FNP's and definitely more robust than the Glock model 23 I usually carry. So I'd like to know what sort of feedback there has been from FNP-45 owners who have ordered it, if there are any.

The FNP-45 was purchased primarily as my new bedside table weapon (the Ruger GP100 having been taken over by my wife on her side of the bed). However, I'd be more than happy to wear it on certain nights where I have to move through less than tasteful neighborhoods.

By the way, for those who might be considering the SuperTuck or just wondering in general: I have been MORE than happy with my present horsehide SuperTuck made for my Glock model 23. I'm especially pleased at how Crossbreed adhered to my request to take extra time to mold it tightly to the G23's shape as I carry this weapon any and every time I leave the house.

It's important to note that my satisfaction with the SuperTuck is really saying something as it is the ONLY IWB holster I've been able to carry comfortably for more than a few minutes, considering my large (and overlapping) body shape, much less carry, move and bend all day with nary a sign of "printing." The SuperTuck should prove even more comfortable and concealable for those of you with a "slighter" physique than mine.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a new FNP-45 and understand that Crossbreed can make a SuperTuck for it. I emailed them earlier to ask, but have not received a reply as yet. I imagine they're pretty busy these days.
I got mine in last week. I ordered it on Sunday and it showed up on Thursday. :?

As you know the holster only adds about a 1/4" to the width of the gun.
I have never carried IWB and have never packed a gun like the FNP45.
I tried a cheap OWB holster and it only concealed well under a parka.

I was really surprised at how well it carries and it does not move around on me.
I wore it for 2 days while at work and no one noticed. Granted I was wearing coveralls but no one made it.
I am a diesel tech so I was crawling up and down and rolling around under them.
I am not armed while working everyday, I just wanted to see how it did in an active environment.

It is not comfortable driving. The empty holster is fine, with that hogleg in it is not comfy.
But the cheap holster works well in between the seat and console.

#6 ·
That looks "workable." I like how easy it is to re-holster my G23 with my Supertuck. The extra leather is what makes it all work so well, I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.