FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I do in the cold weather season due to its size, in a leather Galco holster.

But for those that want to during the summer season, here is a hint:
I have found that a leather zipup "day planner" works great for a CCW holster :)
Just gut out the calender inside and a FiveseveN with tac light will fit nicely in there.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They also make gun day planners as well.

The one thing that would suck is that since the gun is polymer (even on the slide), it might be harder to cover holster wear as it develops. A refinish job might not hide some serious polymer holster wear.

How is your finish holding up? Just curious.

Remember - this comes from a guy who hard chromed his slide, so there would be no holster wear.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The slide has some wear/light scratches on it but its not to the point where I will replace the slide cover. You can't really tell unless you are looking right at it up close.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I do not own an FN 5.7 but have guns that are comparable in size like the Sig P226,229, and the FNP9.. When I want to carry them and cannot wear a holster,as I am in workout type clothing all day, I use this product:

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=51&osCsid=e79dede2a393eb30582290e266390472

It has proven to be extremely versatile and with the optional belt it can be slung over a shoulder or worn around the waist.

I am not employed by them.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
See the thing is all the day planner holster's I've seen, don't look like a "Office Professional" leather day planner.
I can usually spot those type of holsters dead on, its like being able to see soneone printing their CCW.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I open carry with the FiveseveN. For concealment on the motorcycle, I go with a Kel-Tec .32. (Great gun, btw -- 500 rnds through it so far, no jams and decent accuracy for a 2" barrel.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've tossed it, with a spare mag, in a medium gun fanny pack. Lightweight, and with 41 rounds, could be impressive, but it's not my first choice of caliber for a handgun PDW.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry, my moron chip went onto high gear and I got my threads mixed up. I should be more careful before I type. :-?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have been using my Five-seveN as my CCW gun for about a year and a half now. I use a Kydex holster made by BladeTech and mine shows quite a bit of holster wear. I could care less because for CCW it becomes a tool for saving my life and not a safe queen. I am thinking of getting one in OD Green or Tan and installing a Doctor Optic for target use. That would be a safe queen.

MadDog :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
I've been carrying the USG for about two years -Usually on the hip with a round in the chamber. If I'm carrying it in a pocket or bag I leave it unloaded (duh).
It's so light that I never notice it. But its size does effect it's concealability; I can't wear it on the hip with just a t-shirt.

When the walther PPS .40 is available I may switch. It will be a hard decision because I've practiced with the USG so much- everything about it is second nature to me now.

·
Registered
980 Posts
And I don't even where big ghetto pants! It actually fits in a regular carhart pocket with just the bottom of the handle protruding. If I put a bandanna (not banana ) in my pocket this conceals it. But when I wrote that I was actually thinking of the pockets in my heavy winter coats. -lots of room in those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I carry mine strong side kidney in a Galco Concealable Model Belt Holster, underneath an untucked 511 Leisure shirt, or whatever they call them. I have absolutely no problems with concealability, and accessibility is pretty fast, as well. Man, I love this gun! A PS90 is only a few weeks away.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i carry mine usually but i also carry some of my H&Ks :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, SW,

I just purchased PS90 USG and FiveSeveN IOM, both NIB, as a "package" deal three days ago, and already absolutely love both, in fact, so much that my usual "carry", Springfield XDM 40, is in danger of losing its "top dog" spot!

My main concern is also one of the greatest assets of FiveSeveN-- the round. Ballistics seem to show the 5.7 x 28 is "almost a 9 mm", and I wonder if this chambering is adequate for a primary SD handgun.

Any advice, input, reactions?

Thank you.

Victor

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm using a supertuck by Crossbreed. It's the same holster I use for my glock. The most comfortable holster I've ever used and the ease of concealment is crazy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts